MMA I hate rolling with first timer

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by geekboy, May 14, 2009.

1. geekboy

geekboy Target Agent OT Supporter

especially when they weigh around 240 lbs. Now my left wrist is twice as big as my right :mad:

2. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

worked with a guy last nite who it was his second class, he was super grateful that I took the time to walk him through the basics so he could understand the technique we were working on, then when we rolled he got more stoked every time I tapped him out :dunno:

3. roose

roose Guest

I rolled with a first class guy a couple weeks ago. He was going 210% as expected. He backs out of my guard, stands up, takes a half step back and jumps clear over me. :eek3: There was only about 3 feet between my head and the wall behind us. Luckily this kid was athletic enough that he didn't land on my head.

4. iCEgECKO

iCEgECKO Ballin' at 5'2''

You just have to tell them to chill.

5. LOLSTi

LOLSTi DTOM

I'm with you. I kinda suck at "turning up the heat" on the crush/smash newbs. I usually just lose interest. Something I should work on.

6. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

No reason to be rolling hard in the first 6 months really. Just tell them to slow down and if they dont know what to do in a position give them a quick run down.

7. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

I love that though.. These little fuckers work SO damn hard. Grunting and pushing and pulling like mad, using all kind of effort.. Then, they get where they were trying to go and they say "I have no idea what to do from here" :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

8. Antigeek

Antigeek Who Dat!

I still do that. :rofl:

9. prophit

prophit OT Supporter

I've gotten in the habit of just doing enough to tire them out all the while taunting them with basic advice like "relax...." and "breathe...." :mamoru:

hey, its entertaining for me. :o

10. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

I did that the other night I spent a good 2-3 minutes trying to get this guy back in my guard from half guard then I realised my guard games shit and I probably should have been trying to sweep him :mamoru:

11. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

:rofl: Yeah.

I have one kid that I've choked unconcious twice because he won't calm down and doesn't tap.

First one was a clock choke and the second was a face to face basic collar choke.

12. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (mogul: Mozilla/4.1 (U; BREW 3.1.5; en-US; Teleca/Q05A/INT))

i enjoy it. either theyre thankful and want to learn, or they are stupid and u get to crank shit. :hs:

13. Matt Hood

Matt Hood New Member

no pain no gain

14. derekOT

derekOT New Member

+1

alot of times it can be tough to get the motivation to go at it, I have this problem too, but I guess we should do like Eddie Bravo says and just try new stuff on them (rubber guard i guess lol)

I really don't like to train with the newer guys because they are so spastic that they end up injuring you. A problem that really doesn't occur with experienced guys.

Some guys just don't know when to quit and you'll have them in full blown subs and they don't tap but you just don't want to look like an a hole so you let them go.

15. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

Or when blues from other academies come to our academy and get clowned by our blues :rolleyes:

16. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Touch Pro: XV6850 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

i always thank people for beating me up, it helps me get better :dunno:

17. Killyin

Killyin Vicariously I, live while the whole world dies.

I'm still a 2 stripe white belt....but it's a pain in the ass when people just start cranking shit and pawing/grabbing anything they can get a hold of.

I find that new guys slam themselves all over the place and panic a lot when they can't think of where to go next. It usually results in me getting hurt somehow. :o

Not a big fan of new guys and spaz kids.

18. Searcher

Searcher New Member

This is pretty typical in one way or another.....

New people don't bother me at all.......Just tell them to chill and help them out......If they don't stop spazzing give them a reminder :bigthumb:

19. derekOT

derekOT New Member

yup, sometimes they need a reminder :p

20. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

i had a guy slam me when he was in my guard, and again when he was in my triangle. it wasn't his first class but i think it was his first roll.

after he slammed me the second time, i let go of the triangle and got an armbar....cranked it a little and when he tapped i said, "see, slamming isn't always the best idea"

i think he hasn't been back since. :hsugh:

21. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

i do alot better with higher belts than i do against newer people. i just can't turn up the aggressiveness. I'd be fucked in a real fight :rofl:

22. iCEgECKO

iCEgECKO Ballin' at 5'2''

Last monday I got kneed in the nuts by my friend while we rolled around. and yesterday he slammed his shoulder into my face when he went into side control and busted my lip. He felt really bad but he is getting better. There is a learning curve involved.

23. rtzcom

rtzcom bon wons! fight slepa for life sone!~

Rolled with a kid who was on his second class last week. We started with him inside my guard and I told him to work on passing since he didn't know any submissions yet. He just started spazzing out and dripping drool and snot on me. Cranked on whatever he could grab a hold off.

Kept on telling him to relax and work technique because I wasn't any stronger than him. I tried to be very patient until he tried to split my skull in between his legs. I postured out and proceeded to unleash hell on him.

Never have I tapped someone out so many times, I felt like a fucking black belt :o

Even caught him in a gogoplata from the mount ala aoki :rofl:

24. derekOT

derekOT New Member

haha you gotta do what you gotta do

its really too bad these guys can't relax and learn rather than doing stupid stuff because their egos get in the way

10 subs in 5 minutes?

25. Swipe

Swipe New Member

I was rolling with this 300+ dude who is slightly athletic. Just athletic enough to get his weight moving but not athletic enough to stop it. I got him in side mount from which proceeded to bench my 150lb punk ass, got back to his knees and said "Sorry, I think I used my strength a little too much." To which I replied "Oh you:greddy:"