A&P I hate photoshop batch processing more than anything. Help me batch resize 3000 pics

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by CornUponCob, Apr 9, 2007.

1. CornUponCob

CornUponCob New Member

Ok, so I made a simple action to resize and save (sometimes with the save step, sometimes without). I have a folder which contains about 20 subfolders each full of varying amounts of pictures. I want to resize every picture in every folder to 25% of the origional size and save over the origional file.

When I do NOT include a save command in the action, the batch process does not save anything even if I choose "save and close" for the destination. If I DO include a save command in the action it opens a prompt window which requires a mouse click to continue on.

I need to resize these images... it does not have to be in photoshop, it just needs to be automatic as I have thousands of images to resize.

2. ( * )( * )

( * )( * ) OT Supporter

File. Scripts. Image Processor.

3. Blair

Blair New Member

download a trial of lightroom?

4. Airpoppoff

Airpoppoff Vodka > Racing F1

acdsee, i use it for mass rezizing, works great and is fast as balls

5. Oh I had something really nice for batch resizing!!!! i wish I could remember what it was called or I'd tell ya. People here on OT recommended the program and it worked great!!! Use to use it alot, maybe someone will mention the program up in here! Or you can always search for ot for the word "batch" or "resize" or "batch resize" and I'm sure you will find your answer. :dunno:

6. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Before I had Lightroom, Picasa was also another quick and dirty batch resizing tool I had used often.

7. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

Are you sure you set the action up right? I do the same thing to batch resize pics and it works flawlessly :dunno: Include the save command in the action and pick a folder for the destination

8. CornUponCob

CornUponCob New Member

I finally got it to work. Photoshop only likes it if you use a "save as" command instead of just "save"

If I used a normal save command then I would HAVE to specify a destination folder to get it to run, but since I have pictures with the same name (from when the camera rolled over from IMG_9999 to IMG_0001, I couldn't do this, images would be replaced).

Using "save as" in the action magically made it work.

For the record, the images are still processing this morning. For some reason it stopped in the middle of the night trying to open a "new" file. I cancled and it continued to process.

9. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

The best way is to set up a folder that the batch will always save to, called "temp files" or "batch saved" or whatever you'll remember.

Now, everytime you do a batch it will save to that folder and you'll know exactly where they are. Then you can just copy them back to wherever you want them to be.