I hate my Motorola T720, need 2 pick new Verizon phone...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by NEW996, Oct 14, 2004.

1. NEW996

NEW996 New Member

I love Verizon (and my wife has it too), but my T720 has turned to crap in the last few months. I've had the phone 2 years and now I can't get it to charge. It is not the batteries, it is the port connection that went bad and the dealer basically told me I can't do anything but live with it until my contract is up.

My contract is up this weekend and I plan on getting a new phone. My question is, is this typical of all the Motorolas? I am plannning on staying away from another one. I am probably looking at a mid level phone with no need for the camera. Is it worth barking and complaining to motorola and Verizon about the fact that I can't use my current phone?

2. turbodeuce

turbodeuce ....................

Motorolas suck, but they are very popular phones... i don't know why. I hate them. And no it is not worth complaining to verizon or motorola about your broken phone. Honestly, no one cares. They are just going to say buy a new ph one, which you're going to do anyway.

3. YelloWRX

YelloWRX Sonic Yellow...Bitch!

The only decent phone verizon currently carries is the samsung sch-a670

4. skooter

skooter Guest

yea i know some people with the Samsung vm-a680, the Sprint version of the phone and they are very happy with it, very good battery life and sound quality.

I would say it is worth complaining to someone, even if it just the manager of the store at least they will know you were someone dissatisfied, maybe they will even cut you a deal or something. But usually they will just tell you are sol and to fork over some more money for a new phone. Worth a shot especially if you contract is up they might offer you a better deal to stay and sign a new contract.

5. allen2oo3

allen2oo3 New Member

:werd: i have had it since the week they released it. awesome phone...doesnt have some of the stuff the new moto has but everything that it does have works and it works well. this is my 2nd samsung phone in a row now and i have loved both of them.

6. loserpunkx182

loserpunkx182 New Member

the t720 series was butt...all other motos were solid and awesome. you just missed the deal on the vox cdm9900...that phone is tits for the price

9900>a670

7. Gai

Gai New Member

I agree with the 720...had decent reception but was full of bugs...The Vox 9900 is hard to get now...most stores are sold out and no longer appears online too...it has teh best looking screen I've seen. I went for the LG VX7000...I just liked the feel of it.

8. quasar

quasar New Member

is the screen on the VX7000 bigger than the 9900? it looks about the same size from the online pics..

9. Gai

Gai New Member

The 9900's screen is slightly larger...240 x 320 px compared to the 7000's 176 x 220 px. And the 9900's screen looks slightly better. The 9900 has one of the best looking screens out there right now. Once people see the screen, they want the phone...helps that the phone is dirt cheap too...FULL Retail is only $149!! Try it out, you may like it, if you can find one in stock at a VZW store. I went for the 7000 because it just felt better overall to me...and I'm happy. :)

10. helidrop

helidrop New Member

I had the T720, luckily my father put insurance on it ... i had the same problems with the phone 4 times, 4 different phones. Acutally 2 720's and 2 730's there was a glitch in the software, and it wouldnt charge well at all.... because of that i'll never get moto again. Just picked up the LG VX7000 because of the buy 1 get up to 3 free deal and my conract was coming up .. i love it!

11. dooks88

dooks88 need some bat wings

if you want mid- level, get the motorola V265. If you want to splurge a little, get the Motorola V710. I have had over 10 Motorolas, and i think they are great phones.

12. RobsMob

RobsMob Guest

What about the Nokia 6015i?

13. Gai

Gai New Member

Never tried the Nokia. My brother has the 710 and is kinda dissapointed with it. I almost got one too but, was weary after the T720. The V3 is sure pretty though....:big grin: Too bad no CDMA version.

14. LadyRacerTRD

LadyRacerTRD Guest

I went through 3 T720's and a T730. I HATE this phone. I'm looking for a replacement also. I just want something that will last 2 years and won't give me as many problems as the T720/T730 did.. and something with a longer battery life

15. my LG4500 flip phone just died :(

16. where can i get a new verizon phone cheap? im in the middle of a contract, so i might be screwed

17. RobsMob

RobsMob Guest

Ebay. I'm looking at a v60 or maybe an LG of some sort. :dunno:

18. Dr. Josh

Dr. Josh it's ok - i'm a doctor OT Supporter

I just got the VX7000 for christmas and I love it so far :) :love:

19. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

1 week with the v710 and so far its very nice. The voice dial is cool (never had that before) and the reception is at least good as my old Startac.

20. Gai

Gai New Member

VX8000 in a few weeks for those who want all the "bells and whistles".

21. Dominion

Dominion I believe you have my stapler.

I just got my v710 a couple days ago and I LOVE it. I did have the same problem with my old moto phone as mentioned above. The non-chargy problem. But it only started to occur within the last couple months of owning it for a year, but eh. That's the downside in my opinion to moto phones, that damn prong charger. It's prone to failure, I'm not sure if it is the contacts on the phone or the prongs itself, but eventually it dies.

However for the v710 the features and the look/sound is nice.

As for some of the other brands, I HAD a a650, but all my stuff on it looked/sounded like crap, upgraded to the v710. I had my old moto which was AWESOME till it stopped charging. My GF has the G4010(I get that right?) from LG. It's the shittest phone i've ever seen. I could get a better reception with a paper cup and an antenna sticking out my ass. It also has a MAJOR interferance problem with my computer and phones, it will randomly distort every electronic device in the room. It gets so bad that we usually store it in another room of the apt because if it's in the wrong spot in the living room, shits gonna fry.