i hate my car

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by francodman, Mar 24, 2008.

1. francodman

francodman It's Gortex.

i hate it because i'm always tempted to drive fast. i bottomed out on a road with uneven pavement :doh:

mazdaspeed 3 btw.

2. francodman

francodman It's Gortex.

fuck, can some mod move this to easter imports, my bad OT.

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Jesus fuck dude, you bottomed out a hatchback on a paved road? You need to give your license back to your daddy and ride the bus for a few months.

4. deusexaethera

No, I've never bottomed-out a car. You know why? Because I slow the fuck down on rough pavement.

5. XxvODvxX

XxvODvxX New Member

The unfortunate problem is that sometimes you don't have time to slow down and you do bottom out. I know. My oil pan is 1.5 inches off the pavement. and roads especially in NewJersey are unforgiving.

6. danewreed

danewreed OT Supporter

good thing I didn't get one as a DD.

7. red97gst

red97gst New Member

get a bigger turbo. guarantee you will change the way you drive. much easier to keep it at a sane pace when not boosting. and you'll be spinnin tires too much when you are

8. zmiller91

zmiller91 New Member

sell it and get a bicycle. that way you wont go to fast.

9. Mr3GTP

Mr3GTP OT Supporter

I'm glad northern VA has such well-marked bumps.

Meanwhile, back in the real world; shitty roads happen. And what seems "rough but bearable" at 45-50 mph can be a real "white knuckle ride" at 70+.

10. deusexaethera

If you live in NJ (and I went to school there, I know what the roads are like), you have no business running your car with 1.5" of ground clearance -- and I know that isn't stock, so it sounds like you got what you asked for.

11. deusexaethera

1. Northern VA has plenty of bumpy roads, but you only have to drive over them once or twice to learn where they are, assuming you're not busy texting on your phone at the same time.

2. If it's a white knuckle ride at 70+, then don't drive that fast. Is there something hard about that concept?

12. Mr3GTP

Mr3GTP OT Supporter

The point I'm trying to make is; few people are going to intentionally beat their car by slamming the belly on rough pavement. Roads that seem okay can be dramatically different with a slight increase in speed. Sometimes, the shit can catch you by surprise.

I don't haul ass on unfamiliar roads; in fact, I'm quite selective about where & when I'll drive fast. As a professional driver, I have more to lose than an afternoon in court.

13. deusexaethera

Of course nobody is going to try to crack their oil pan, I never intended to imply that anyone would. But seriously, what are the chances the guy just happened to be on a road he'd never been on before, with no construction or hazard signs to warn about the uneven pavement? It's possible, yeah, but it's far more likely he was just goofing off and wasn't thinking.

14. red97gst

red97gst New Member

well i think that was the point. he hates his car because it encourages him to goof off and drive like an asshole.

i stand by my recommendation to upgrade to a gigantic turbo. or buy a honda fit and have it sound like youre going fast when youre going 30mph

15. deusexaethera

:rofl: @ the second suggestion.

And I stand by my suggestion that he should avoid projecting his personal failures onto inanimate objects.

16. turbodan

turbodan OT Supporter

Word. When you have more power than you can use around town you dont have a choice.

17. AtticusJ

AtticusJ Sliver Member

This is the first time I've logged on in a long time... and of course 2nd thread I go into deusexaethera is already spewing his shit. Nobody has banned this fuck yet? The whole automotive forum reeks with him.

18. XxvODvxX

XxvODvxX New Member

The business i have running it that low is for looks and cornerability. My car dirves just fine the way it is with the exception of having to watch where you drive. I have yet to replace my oil pan period. i have driven it this way since i put the car on the road. So no need for the sarcasm. If people are worried about a low car you shouldn't drive one. I on the other hand love the look and handle of my car at it's ride height.

19. deusexaethera

It's okay, someday you'll grow up, just like I did. Or you'll get hit by a bus, one or the other -- but either way, you won't remain an immature little shithead forever.

20. deusexaethera

You lower your car for looks and cornering, yet you complain about the roads where you live and you say that even with your infallible attention to road hazards, you still bottom-out sometimes. Well shit man, pick one or the other; either lower your car and accept the inevitable consequence of breaking something important, or don't lower your car. Or move the SoCal where it never drops below freezing.

I never said I could stop you from being a dumbass, I just suggested that the practice be avoided.

21. XxvODvxX

XxvODvxX New Member

If you read the above thread i never once complained about my choices and about the roads in new jersey. What i did was simpathize with the thread holder on how sometimes there is no choice and you do end up bottoming out. Yes i have been there and done that and accept the responsibilities.

So do us all a favor and find another thread to go bash on or learn to play nice. There is no need for name calling and hating in a harmless rant thread.

22. redfred18t

redfred18t New Member

yeah its very easy to stumble on something like road construction and take your pan out.

like the other day, I was driving through one section of Chicopee MA and I had no idea that they were doing road construction, and not the "theres some manholes" road contruction, it was the "they tore the entire fucking road out" road construction

And, like usual, there were no signs posted or anything. if I had known that the road was out, I would have avoided it but hey, what can you do? (my car is slammed on its nuts, but I have some protection with a skidplate). It doesn't even matter how low my car is because if anyone drove on that road at its normal 30mph, their shit would get fucked up in a second.

I went through it and drove very, very carefully but still, if it was at night, I wouldn't pay that much attention to it and most likelywould have fucked something up some way or another.

moral of the story: you cant pick and choose perfect roads. all the care in the world might not save you, even if your car wasnt lowered

23. XxvODvxX

XxvODvxX New Member

HAHA nice touch.:bigthumb:

24. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

Hi.

I occasionally skim through this section as I have a euro car.

In this time I have noticed that you are a fucking twat in every single thread you post in.

OP - yep, m-tech suspensioned 3 series, area with some badly maintained roads. It happens. Sump guard it maybe?

25. AtticusJ

AtticusJ Sliver Member

My bad for taking so long to reply, my real life takes me away from the interwebs sometime. I love how you act like you're from a different generation than I am, yet you're not even 4 years older than me.

Are you just blind to the fact that everyone hates you here? Do you not realize that you're WRONG when people correct you every other post? I'll let the previous replies (and probably future replies) finish this for me.