GUN I HATE monday night quaterbacks

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jon91SE, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Jon91SE

Jon91SE OT Supporter

and I hold a special resentment towards anyone who thinks these students did not react accordingly and should have subdued the attaker once he began shooting. :ughj:

Do these people feel better then others by going out of their way to talk about how bad ass they are and how they would never let this happen to them.

Lets forget the fact you are in a single door class facing a dry erase board and if you were anything like 90% of these students would have woke up about 15 minutes before even getting to class. As you are starring at some chick in the front row shots ring out and 4 people are shot before you can even know waht is going on.

Fucking tool bags :rl:

2. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

3. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I haven't heard all what happened, but I did hear that he was lining people up and shooting them. If that was actually the case, then yes, I'm mad that people did not subdue him. I don't blame the people themselves though, I blame society for raising people this way.

4. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

I would have rushed him, but then again, I am a rare breed apparently nowadays that is willing to take a risk if my life or other lives are on the line.

To me it's quite simple and isn't even an issue where I would even consider it, just react.

I would rather die trying to fight back then die standing there in a line, crying and begging, watching him walk down the line shooting everyone before me in the head, knowing I was next.

5. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

Those people dont even bother me much because I know they are all full of shit and wouldnt do half the things they claim when the shit goes down in front of them. What really pisses me off is all of the people who become gun and ballistic experts, these are just a few gems that caught my attention from fark:
    "To get this kind of body count from a 9mm? Yes, he farking was [a good shot]. A 9mm is a survivable wound in many cases."

"either 9mm-ers are louder than I remember or the mic on that kid's cell fone is amazing"

"U can do alot of damage with 2 9mm's with xtra clips in a classroom. "

"He must be loaded up with all hollowpoints or talons or something else nasty, cause thats a very high casualty count for 9mm's "

"There is no way in hell a 9mm could kill that many people in a short space of time. There were two shooters, possibly three. One guy was reported to be wearing an arsenal. If he had hard calibers, in a rifle, especially a semi auto, I can believe it."

6. Small Block LSX

Small Block LSX BMW | N54 | LSX | Gun | PS3 | Parent | Night CREW

Who the fuck said that bullshit?

In my carry training I saw a 9mm Extreme Shock round take down a 500lb wild boar. I also saw an Extreme Shock .223 round blast an 8" hole once it impacted.

There are rounds that will blow anything they hit apart.

7. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

Who's to say he didn't have some of that shit stocked up and used it on everyone?
    A 9mm with the right round can definitely kill, even first shot. 9mm WWB? Probably gonna take a few rounds to kill them.

8. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

An article I read described how the gunman lined people against a wall and began executing them.

While I agree with you overall, I do wonder why, under the above circumstances, no attempt was made to fight back while he was executing people one by one. I certainly can't say how I would respond if I was unarmed and up against the wall, but in this specific case, i admit I was skeptical.

9. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

Farker are unfathomably stupid sometimes :rofl:

10. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

:Scared liberal anti-gun liberal college liberal students:

11. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

It's the same way only a few guards were able to kill thousands of Jews. People are sheep, they don't fight back. I'm not trying to say bad things about those that got killed, just that it's how people are. There's only a small minority of people that would actually do something in such a situation.

12. McCroskey

McCroskey Jonny, what can you make out of this? OT Supporter

A friend of mine who keeps talking about how worthless the 9mm is described
    it's unfortunate effectiveness at VT as .....

"well, the 9mm is an offensive round, of course it killed people in that situation" - him
    "Oh"

It's becoming ever more obvious to me that a lot of people are very bad at physics.
    I really think he believes a 9mm will just leave welts despite his claimed firearms
    knowledge.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2007
  13. Goat

Goat That crack is really moreish

We talked about this in my capstone class yesterday, the room it's in is unusually small for classroom, and if someone came in there we all agreed that we would have been completely fucked. :o

14. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

At the same time, when does common sense kick in?

Gunman: "You, stand there against the wall."
    Sheep 1: "Okay."
    BANG
    Sheep 2: "Okay."
    BANG
    Smarter sheep: "No?"
    Gunman: "Suit yourself."
    BANG
    Former sheep: "Fuck that shit."
    (Runs at gunman.)
    BANG

Hopefully the remainder of the classroom has transformed from sheep by this point.

:hs: :dunno:

15. Jon91SE

Jon91SE OT Supporter

wtf are you tlaking about.

I have yet to hear of ANY instance where he even spoke. He simply shot from the classroom doorway. Good luck with that. Hell even if I had a gun I would not be running to a doorway the bullets were flying from...

16. Small Block LSX

Small Block LSX BMW | N54 | LSX | Gun | PS3 | Parent | Night CREW

Nobody said you had to run at the gunman if you had a gun. But, chances are if you fired back he'd either get hit or flee, or at least you'd go down with guns blazin'.

It sure beats sitting underneath a desk or getting executed. Numerous students were shot in a line execution style.

17. Jon91SE

Jon91SE OT Supporter

Again, this is not what I have heard happened. Most in the hospital were suffering from multiple gunshots (at least 3) and all the witnesses said he never spoke a word, just shot. :dunno:

18. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

That's what I had in mind with the above scenario. Obviously it was semi-made-up. The point was the importance of learning very quickly the way shit is going down and adapting accordingly.