MIL I hate living in Teh Barracks.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by brownfield, Jan 17, 2006.

1. brownfield

brownfield OT Supporter

I'm a unmarried lower enlisted soldier. Therefore I get room inspections on the reg and I have to deal with all teh barracks bullshit. There are 34 year olds living in teh barracks and they still have to deal with the same crap I do. I know 90% of you have to deal with the same bs, but it just pisses me off. I'm like really close to just going out and finding a woman to set up a contract marriage. Not to find love, just to find the off post housing office.

2. evan2

evan2 Guest

well not sure how it is for non air force types but man dorm life was easy
    no bills... free room and board, free chow hall all types of parties and women all over the place

dude dorm life rocked, sucked at times but having no real responsibility but keeping your room clean
    was hard at first from all the parties but you learn to do that in someone elses room haha

contract marriage lol everyone i know wanted to do that and iddnt do it
    waste of time just find a real woman

3. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

Yea the barracks do suck. I actually pay Bah for my "barracks" room because its kind of a messed up situation. However 2 or 3 of us could take our 650/month and get a badass place around fayetteville no problem and not deal with some of the shit. We don't get harassed too much and they take our garbage for us but just having a small fridge and microwave blows.

4. evan2

evan2 Guest

shit i had a full fridge but no microwave.. newer dorms have kitchens you share

how do you pay bh for the dorms, they just shouldnt give you it

5. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

I spent 30 days in teh barracks in tech school. Other than that, no barracks for me!

6. Dementio

Dementio OT Supporter

I hate the fact that I still have to live in teh barracks as an NCO, but it really isn't that bad. Room inspections every 6 months, free utilities, free basic cable, wifi available. My rooms are kinda small, but I don't mind quite as much any more.

7. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

Yea obviously that would make sense.. Instead they get to bitch at people for not paying their bills. Basically they agreed to a daily rate with the hotel which is owned by civilians. Basically we are guaranteed income with the rooms always being full. They are in most cases getting $654/month x2 cause 2 people in each room. Someone is most likely making some decent money here... They also no longer allow alcohol and they say women aren't allowed to be in the rooms or whatever. We do get cable and toilet paper for free though.. lol

8. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Mine is ok sometimes but yes I agree....I hate it

9. brownfield

brownfield OT Supporter

Damn... If they did that for me, I wouldn't quite mind as much. I'm paying $110 a month with my roomate for digital cable and internet.... Meh. The number one thing that pisses me off is that I have room inspections as a grown ass man... I mean... I went to Iraq and my first sergeant treats the barracks personnel as if we're children.

10. brownfield

brownfield OT Supporter

No MRE FTW

11. Dementio

Dementio OT Supporter

I'm 29, an NCO, and the CSM still inspects my room, but I get over it, there are some people here that actually don't seem to know how to clean at all, and I can't expect the CSM to just inspect theirs.

12. brownfield

brownfield OT Supporter

Naw... 35th Signal BDE...

13. Accord

Accord New Member

Can't you leech wifi for free or something?

14. RoblesGT

RoblesGT [Track Days: 19 ][Crashes: 1] [SuMo Days: 1 ][Cras OT Supporter

well at least you're not in a tent with no AC or Heat out here in iraq ... which what we'll be in for the next few months .... :hsd:

15. brownfield

brownfield OT Supporter

Okay dude... been there done that.

16. burton564

burton564 New Member

Now back in the day when i was enlisted my room never got inspected. Don't they play by the BOSS rules anymore?

17. Dementio

Dementio OT Supporter

they inspect to make sure that soldiers are living in a healthy and safe manor. which actually needs to be done considering some of the rooms i've seen

18. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

We were informed this afternoon that we get to have a special 0345 room inspection tomorrow morning. We had one two weeks ago..All it takes is a few turds then everything just goes down hill from there :squint:

19. brownfield

brownfield OT Supporter

Okay... My first sergeant will get pissed off if he finds dust on one of the cabinet doors... Plus we do daily room inspections in my platoon for no freaking reason. All of our rooms are clean all the time. But my company is anal (a SFC in my company said it was just about being "thorough") about everything. Whatever. Legs are supposed to be out of 35th sometime later this year or next year.

20. itski

itski Yargg

Navy ftl. 240 people in one berthing, everyone like 6 inches away. Inspected daily, only alcohol is nyquil, not even room for a woman. Shit is great right?

21. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

Uhh doesn't sound like it :)

22. RoblesGT

RoblesGT [Track Days: 19 ][Crashes: 1] [SuMo Days: 1 ][Cras OT Supporter

so you'd prefer the tents than room inspections ??? :hsugh:

23. staticflo

staticflo Guest

so soudns like the air force has the best living situation? you only live in the dorms when ur done basic and go to tech school?

24. Cheschire

Cheschire New Member

navy aint bad either when you're back on land from what i hear. hell, at the language school, e4+ (which is NCO's in the navy I think) all live in their own houses even when they are single!