GUN I hate it when I hear LEO's saying incorrect information.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Aequitas, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

This has happened on more than one occassion, but this is the most recent one.

I was in my public and private security class yesterady, the professor is a Lieutenant with the local Tallahassee Police Department. He was telling us a story from when he was the director of security at Barnet Bank about a robbery during which the bad guys made everyone get down on the ground. When they left someone got up and chased after the people.

Someone asked him if the person that chased them, I'm thinking the person was just getting the tag # but that doesn't make for as entertaining a story, was carrying. He said, "No, of course not. It's illegal to carry a firearm in a bank." This may be true in other states, but it sure isn't true here in Florida. I got into an argument with another cop about this. I pointed out how a bank is one of the places likely to get robbed, therefore there's a high probability of the need to defend yourself. He finally agreed. I wanted to argue with the professor, but it's early in the semester and I don't want to screw myself over.

I understand LEO's can't know every statute, but they should atleast not say anything if they aren't sure.

Sorry for the length.
    /:rant2:

2. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

Some of the most gun ignorant people I've ever met are cops. Probably cause no one wants to correct them. :rofl:

3. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

cops are fucking retards. every one of them that I talked to, always gives me incorrect information, gun-related or otherwise.

and if you do try to correct them, they'll go into power-trip mode and tell you you're out of line.

fucking piggly wigglies.

4. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

+ 11ty billion, I have friends and family that are cops, and I still have yet to meet a cop I can respect fully :hsugh:

Not saying all cops are bad, but they sure all ignorant and retarded out here, so far as I've met

5. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

It's like any other profession, where the majority of people you work with are fucking retards. Law Enforcement is no different. It's just that people hold them to a higher standard, it's not like they're making 6 figures a year. Most get paid similar wages to the cable guy, and likely less than the union plumber.
    To work and get shit on day in, day out for an average salary takes more balls than I've got.

6. striker754

striker754 Chillin

Asking a cop about the laws is like asking Sarah Brady how an AK works. All you get is bullshit.

7. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

:rofl: nice analogy

8. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

You mean AK47's aren't lubed with the tears of babies? And human sacrifice is not required to fill up a 30 round magazine? Damn that bitch.

9. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

10. no7fish

no7fish New Member

Actually in most states it is illegal to carry in a bank. There are 2 clauses in the law that prevent it. Many states have a part about not carrying in financial institutions and there is also a part about not carrying in places where "posting of conspicuous notice or statement."

11. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

I know it's illegal in most states, just not in Florida.

12. Sideways

Sideways Do I look like I give a damn?

It is not so much when they give incorrect information, it is when they know the correct information, but LIE about it anyways to be all high and mighty.

13. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

I have a cop friend and most of the shit he says is bullshit...

I got in an argument with someone I know about being able to carrying in a bank here as well. I guess people figure, "Ohh, they have a lot of money there so it must be illegal"

14. T0nyGTSt

T0nyGTSt New Member

As figures of authority, the police cannot be seen to be the least bit infallible.

So they will do anything to including lie so as not to be wrong.

I mean one of you guys said that one cop said that they had a 'special meeting last week with the ATF' about a new ordinance where all automatic weapons are illegal.

Out and out lie.

I'd like to see what happens if you pressed a cop in a lie.

I realise that being a cop is hard work. I also realise that most cops will say anything to 'save face'.

15. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

Ironically a bank is one of the places that I'd want to be carrying the most.

16. Big Daddy

Big Daddy New Member

Its simple, this end accidentily kills babies and kids because our gun laws are not strict enough..

17. soccaian

soccaian New Member