SRS I hate highschool drama :hs:

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by hellyea2650, Jan 18, 2008.

1. hellyea2650

hellyea2650 New Member

I'm having issues with my best friends girlfriend. She has many histrionic symptoms and likes to create alot of drama. My girlfriend, one of her really good friends has also gotten involved in this situation.

Best friend will be represented by D
    His girlfriend will be J
    My girlfriend will be R

The situation:
    Last Wednesday we were sitting around and she was eating non-buttered popcorn and she said "look how healthy I'm being!" and I said "Yeah, and I took the packaging and said "Oh, it only has 10 grams of fat, not bad at all." She smiled and we continued to talk about something else. About four of our friends witnessed this and agree that this is exactly what happened.

Later that day, R came up to me and said that J and another friend had gotten into a tiff. J and the other friend, whom I will refer to as P got into an argument. I don't know exactly what happened because I personally didn't witness it, but J said to P that I made fun of her for eating popcorn that had 100 grams of fat. P told the people who witnessed it and they also said that never happened. J started making up a lot of other rumors about me at this point saying that I have called her "fat" and make fun of what she eats all of the time. I have never, ever made fun of her or what she eats to her face ever. I have to reason to rip on her, all it ever does is create problems.

R and I were talking later and she was telling me how she agrees with me and J usually distorts situations. A lot of our mutual friend told me that this happens a lot and that she does it all of the time. J heard that R said this about her and got really mad at her. R stood up for herself and told her that its true and that she does and its really rude. At the end of this convo J said to R "when he dumps you, dont come crying to me."

D and I are cool, so I think. He really wants me to get along with J, but every time I try, she makes up these situations. I feel as if she is trying to create these situations to keep us from being friends, and so she can have D all to herself. Of course, she wont ruin our friendship because we will be friends no matter what and this is just a little high school relationship, but I still feel invaded. I have told him that I can't be friends with her, but when I do that she gets all pissed and makes a huge scene.

I just want everything to be peaceful. I want R to be happy and D to be happy, but nothing works. I don't know what to do anymore.

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Simple. If you don't like the other girl, don't hang around her.

If you don't want to be in a situation, don't get into it.

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Who gives a shit? She is an attention whore, immature, insecure little girl. Just ignore everything she says. All she wants is your attention. If you are just civil with her in person but blow off any bullshit she spouts you will be fine. If problem persists you can easily weed her out of your friendship circle. It's high school, worse things could happen.

/thread

4. iPost

iPost OT Supporter

Thats not fair. J is D's girlfriend of many years. They both love eachother and the 4 of them used to all be great friends. D is a good friend of mine and wants to be able to hang out in there little "group" they used to have, and jsut wants shit to go back to normal, and so does J. While J may or may not be obsessed over D, she's not an attention whore, all she wants is for D to be happy, and in this case, what will make D happy is the 4 of them working everything out

5. iPost

iPost OT Supporter

also, from D's girlfriend
    and

6. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

sometimes people just don't get along due to personality differences.

Also...we don't always get what we want. That's life.

7. iPost

iPost OT Supporter

:wtc: I know, I just hate to see D and J and our whole group in this disarray

8. hellyea2650

hellyea2650 New Member

I can't be friends with J, it doesn't work every time. Shit has broken loose twice in the last 3 months, and it cant keep happening. D needs to realize that J will no longer be with him within 6 months. In college it will be just D and I, and I don't want this getting in the way of the future.

I agree with Iwishyouwerebeer, I think that might be the best solution

9. iwishyouwerebeer

That's fine, D can hang out with his friends. If he's blind to the fact that his little brat girlfriend has to start drama though then he needs to either re-think her as a girlfriend or not be upset that none of his friends want to hang out with them anymore.

This shouldn't even be an issue though! If the OP (and pretty much anyone else that is friends with this couple) just act civilly toward the girl and don't give her shit to fuel the lame fire she wants to start then you should all get along fine.

Trust me, I know insecure drama queens better than anyone. If you ignore them they have nothing to say.

10. iwishyouwerebeer

So who is chaimo in this situation, Q? :rofl:

11. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

they'll get over it.

12. iPost

iPost OT Supporter

X

13. iwishyouwerebeer

For real. They call it "high school drama" for a reason. It's very very laughable.

14. hellyea2650

hellyea2650 New Member

I told the complete true story, distorting shit in your head again? Oh, thats nice... R can completely stand up for herself btw, she doesn't need me to

15. ever absurd

ever absurd New Member

So glad I'm not in high school anymore.

16. hellyea2650

hellyea2650 New Member

I cant wait till college :wiggle:

17. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

wtf? who are you talking to here?

18. hellyea2650

hellyea2650 New Member

the quote from J

19. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Oh.

You don't have to wait til college to be done with this shit. Just adopt the attitude of "I'm not gonna deal with stupid shit from people" and act accordingly.

So when shit like this comes up, just walk away, ignore the girl, whatever...or just stop associating with her.

And if your friends complain, simply say that you don't want to be around someone who acts so immaturely.

Also, it's good to start practicing this now, as college is full of these types of people, especially during freshman and sophomore years.

20. hellyea2650

hellyea2650 New Member

I have never had drama with ANYONE before this situation, but I feel obligated because 2 people who are important to me are involved.

21. iwishyouwerebeer

OH SHIIIIITTTT, chaimo is J? :rofl:

22. iPost

iPost OT Supporter

no, I'm D, J is my GF

23. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

they will understand. You shouldn't have to sacrifice your happiness for others. Hang out with your friends without this girl around.

24. hellyea2650

hellyea2650 New Member

:wavey:

25. iwishyouwerebeer

Oh, not as fun. Well then why don't the two of you talk this shit out together? I hope you're not that guy who is blind when his gf is a nightmare. I've had many guy friends date total idiots and our group of friends hated them all but tried to keep our mouth shut until they realized it.