I hate GTOs, here's some REAL Aussie muscle

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Placenta Pasta, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Placenta Pasta

Placenta Pasta rb25det powered

Holden Monaro, on which the new Monaro/GTO was based.

[​IMG]

Falcon GT.. these caused a supercar scare in which politicians banned our muscle cars after a journalist published a photo of the speedo at 140MPH and it landed on the front page of the newspaper :(

[​IMG]

Finally, my favorite, the Holden Torana.. take a 70's 4cyl hatch and jam a 5 litre V8 in it from the factory :bigthumb: These things did great in motorsport

[​IMG]

I love the numberplate on this Torry hehe

[​IMG]

Gotta soft spot for these as well. This is an old Holden Commodore possibly a stroker this one, don't know much about it

[​IMG]

What do you guys think of our older cars? I personally love Camaro's etc just you can't get em here cause they're LHD.. there's a few RHD ones around but they're very expensive. Parts aren't available either. I'm sure a bright OT'er could make big $$$ exporting your cars to other countries :o

I have some crazy old school Aussie car vids if someone can host.. my fav is the ~600hp old school baby blue Monaro in a local burnout comp. Most insane burnout I've ever seen, but it ends in engine fire :wtc:

Trishield mate, you need to come over for the Summer Nationals aka Summernats.. :)

Random summernats pics-

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2004
  2. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

3. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

Old school. :cool:

4. Dr.Smasher

Dr.Smasher .

I have a video of that semi doing the biggest smokiest burnout I've ever seen

5. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

The Holden Torana was one bad ass piece of kit in its day. Nothing could touch it in a straight line.