I !!HATE!! cleaning glass.

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by deusexaethera, Jul 7, 2008.

1. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I've always sucked at cleaning car windows; I dunno why, I just can't ever seem to get it to come out without streaks. So I finally managed to get it right once, and then I left an unopened can of soda in my car (black interior, windows up, yay!) and it exploded like a fucking claymore mine -- all over the windshield and both front side windows. (don't ask me how it did that, I wasn't there.)

The plastic and fabric was easy to clean -- a bucket of hot water and ammonia worked wonders. But the glass -- the glass was a different story. I've cleaned it five times now, with ammonia, Windex, 409, even paint thinner (in case there was any oil on the glass), and it still looks like shit. I've used paper towels, newspaper, microfiber glass-cleaning cloths, everything I can find around my house to wipe the shit off, and there are still smudges and streaks all over the goddamned place. I have to drive with the A/C on constantly, because if I don't the humidity from...me, I guess...will stick to the glass and make it almost impossible to see.

Please help me. :(

2. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

a little glass cleaning edu:

Make a small tub of window cleaner (a quart size will be fine). Vinegar/water mixture works very well. Take a terry cloth towel and dip it in the solution. get it good and wet, your going to need it. Now wring it out a good bit. Not dry, but not dripping. Now, take this wet towel and wipe your windows starting in the top corner, going towards the front of the car (assuming you're cleaning door windows). Wipe in a square pattern all the way around the corners of the glass, then move through the middle of the window in a side to side pattern, like you're trying to erase a chalkboard. now take your dry window towel and make the same motions with it, repeating until the window is dry. Inspect your glass, and it should be spotless!

Now, you can do this with a spray as well. the 2 keys are getting into the corners of the glass, and making sure you get the nastiness good and wet. This should help you and anyone else that's having issues.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Do you have tinted windows? It is possible the soda damaged the film.

4. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

or any number of those products used.

5. FindersKeepers

FindersKeepers New Member

I can never get glass to stop fogging no matter what I do so :Owned: for both of us

6. quamen

quamen New Member

okay guys ig is the best glass cleaner on earth, but i have AWESOME success with the following procedure. I ran out of glass cleaner the other day and was like oh shit. I took my damp chamois and ran it over the window, then followed by a dry microfiber, clearest windows i have ever had.

7. Derek173

Derek173 Analyst and Therapist

Invisible glass by stoners gives great results.

8. DeepRun™

DeepRun™ Guest

That stuff is like reflections in a can.

9. deusexaethera

I hadn't tried vinegar.

Actually, isn't that the active ingredient in that new Clorox green glass cleaner? Maybe I'll try that next.

10. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

:werd:

11. zmiller91

zmiller91 New Member

use windex and newspaper. you wont get streaks or debris.

12. deusexaethera

<dice>
    </dice>

13. zmiller91

zmiller91 New Member

eh, i didnt feel like reading your post. try using hot water, then go with gof off, and finish with car window cleaner, use a towel and scrub hard.