LGBT I hate boys.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Konowl, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Konowl

Konowl New Member

Why am I so incredibly inept when it comes to reading boys when it comes to how they feel about me? I can tell when one guy likes another, I could easily go to any straight bar and pickup a chick, but when it comes to guys I like, I'm an inept bumbling idiot.

So I've really gotten to know this guy over the last couple of weeks. A group of us went on a trip this weekend, and he was with me for most of the time. I would catch him staring at me... we even shared a bed (no one tried anything) and at one point I woke up and he was staring at me. Signs? Maybe, you'd think.

Then I drive the carload that was with us home... we drop off all the girls, hug have a good time. I drop him off, he said "ok bye have a good drive" and couldn't even make eye contact. So maybe I creep him out now?

A friend of mine told me I kind of creep guys out because they know I like them but dont' really do anything about it. I overanalyze etc etc, and worry to much about ruining a friendship. The tricky part is, I really do like him as a friend and wouldn't want to do that, but I *HAVE* to know if he likes me or not so I can move on. I even asked him out on what I thought was a date, but I think he may have thought it was as friends (because guys always go out for dinner and a movie after they just meet as friends :rolleyes:).

Sorry for rambling.... my question is, how should I approach him? Should I invite him out for movie/coffee and just tell him how I feel? Email is lame, and flowers might be kind of lame too. I'm a very masculine guy, and he's not, so I'm wondering if I intimidate him to some extent.

Why can't I read guys better, LOL. I have to know if he's interested or not, because too many times in the past I've just stood by and done nothing then regretted it later. :noes:

2. sholnay

sholnay New Member

you know what needs to be done ;) I can tell in your post.

I think most people are kinda anxious and shy around people they're attracted to - trying to portray self confidence (or actually having it ;)) can go a long way.

aside from that - from YOUR description it sounds like it could be mutual. You should call him up and ask him to hang out sometime, go to dinner and walk around a mall or something... Invite him home to watch a movie if things go well ;) You cant sit by and do nothing though - wheres the fun in that?

3. lucas_b

lucas_b New Member

;) @ sholnay

4. sholnay

sholnay New Member

:confused:

:naughty:

5. Konowl

Konowl New Member

We KIND of do that now, but I'm not sure if he's looking at it from a "friend" point of view or not.

6. sholnay

sholnay New Member

so you go out and talk ;)

7. sholnay

sholnay New Member

thats a good one - sucks to have to wait for that answer though :noes: hehe

8. ManyHamsters

ManyHamsters There are necessary pursuits... but poetry, beauty

si :x: