I HATE APPLECARE (find out why)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by inamorata, Jan 11, 2005.

1. inamorata

inamorata New Member

first ler me start off with this. i love macs. i would never have a different computer. they are superior to every computer on the market, its a fact. now the i got that out....

applecare sucks. i have a 12inch 867 powerbook from the week when they came out. when i first bought it from compusa, i bought applecare on the system. the first one i had, the screen was misaligned, but i wasnt too pissed about that cause they just started making them so ill chalk it up to begining flaws. i called apple within the first week and asked for a replacement because mine was obviously flawed. they said i would have to ship it to them, take 3-6 weeks after they recieve it, and they would fix it. i said "no, i want a new one. this is ridiculous. i just bought this, i want it in perfect condition when i open it out of the box. it shouldnt needs repairs before i even use it." i dont think many people with disagree with me there. so i go back to compusa, talk with a manager, and he understands my problems and replaces my powerbook on the spot. i bring my 2nd powerbook home, install my airport extreme card. and now, whenever i lift up my computer, the thing shuts down. im pretty sure there were a bunch of these problems when the airport extreme first came out. sooo, i call apple and they tell me the same shit, 3-6 weeks, blah blah i dont care. i go to compusa, one that is and hour and a half away (because that was the only one that had an airport extreme card in stock) and return my faulty one for a new one.

at this point i return the applecare, and purchase a compusa warrenty for like 400 or 500, and have had zero problems since with the warrenty and compusa. my hard drive died, they ordered one for me and put it in with 3 days. my power block got eaten by my cat TWICE and i simply brought it to compusa and then replaced it on the spot. and then warrenty is up next month, i might extend it for another year, dunno. oh, and also, with this warrenty, i can break any single object on the machine and get it replaced, no questions.

hence forth compusa>applecare (but dont get me wrong, i still love apple and all their products, i just think they should be able to do repairs on site at their retail stores and not be so knit-picky about what applecare covers and just cover everything like compusa)

CLIFFS: read the story.

2. tangoecho

tangoecho Guest

dell's complete care is the bomb for those guys with PC's.....

break something, they send a tech out the next day to fix it....

3. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

good to know, as i'm helping an older friend buy a new mac soon and comp usa is actually considerably closer than the apple store.

4. ZZex

ZZex New Member

Apple Store's Apple care is a lot nicer. I don't know about CompUSA. I don't like them much, but my friend gets crazy employee discounts.