WEB I has question v. adsense+blog kinda thing

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by frostedfrank, Jul 15, 2009.

1. frostedfrank

frostedfrank OT Supporter

so I will be going on a trip for who knows how long.. One way ticket to India this fall and I want to make a blog where I can put pictures and info so family, friends and the whole internet can go on... Now, could I put adsense or some type of advertising where I could mayyybe make a couple dollars?

Any idea of possibility?
    not looking to make much but a couple buck is better than none, I feel it's worth a try..
    Will be travelling with a friend or two so potentially quite a few people would see the site regularly..

2. Swerve

Swerve OT Supporter

You can, but don't expect to become a millionaire while your away ;)

You'll need to setup the blog and put a couple of articles on it before applying. I would suggest write a bit on where you'll be going and doing etc. Then apply.

Amazon Affiliate's may be more profitable though, you could recommend books on where you are, travel guides and such.

You can place both on the same site.

3. frostedfrank

Cool thanks for the info!
    Not looking to get rich but I figure it's free money.
    if I get 2$ i'll be able to pay for a meal or two.
    that's how I see it
    thanks again

4. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

You'll prob get more answers in this forum

5. frostedfrank

cool thanks :cool:

6. Contract

Contract Guest

Also aviod making the site at your house if you live with relatives. If they click on the ads, you'll get in trouble with Adsense and they will ban your account for shaing the IP that hits on ads. As well asking family members to click on ads is bad for two reason, A. You Won't make you anything, you need real content, traffic, etc. to do so. B. If they click the ads too many times or too frequent, it's going to look suspecious.

7. Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975 Mod of the Year

so showsquare i guess you have not changed who you are?

8. Contract

Contract Guest

This is moore his apartment neightboor, how come another mod asked me if I was him as well, I don't understand this.

9. Pepsi1975

I have a hard time believing that, you also have terrible spelling like showsquare too

you have 2 ips that are direct matchs for showsquare and he went homeless months ago, so he would not still have those ip addys unless he lied to us :mamoru:

or he lied to us and also created an ae, which would not be the first time he has done it

10. Pepsi1975

also seems strange you guys share the love of decorating and talking about it

11. Contract

Contract Guest

Believe what you want, I don't know what to tell you. Brian is my next door neighbor in our apartment complex. I asked what the site was when I saw him browsing and he referred me here to sign up here. I don't know about his personal life or financial issues but he lives with his girlfriend as a roommate. Also, as far as the IP addresses go I signed up and post using unlocked wifi in the complex, I have no idea what he's using. That second post, is why we became freinds in the first place I usually don't talk to people living here, but he seems cool.

12. Die Antwoord

Die Antwoord New Member

:bowrofl: What a faggot.

13. Die Antwoord

Die Antwoord New Member

This is Jay, toeshoes husband.

14. Die Antwoord

Die Antwoord New Member

So all that homeless shit was just blowing smoke up everyone's ass trying to get a quick buck huh? :hsugh:

15. Contract

Contract Guest

Wait why are you calling him a faggot, I've only hung out with him a few times, but what's wrong with him. Is there something I should know or am missing here?

16. Contract

Contract Guest

Again I don't know about his pesonal life, but I don't understand why you think he is homeless, he has an apartment with his girlfreind?

17. Pepsi1975

:bsflag:

http://forums.offtopic.com/showpost.php?p=116284357&postcount=243 mentions about to be homeless and lost his girlfriend

also do i need to show where you said you signed up at a friend's house when you made this account?

you started to cover your ass right off the bat, and I have never heard anyone refer to an apartment as a house

and seriously your spelling is as bad as him

so anymore stories?

18. Pepsi1975

sure and it is just a nice huge coincidence his neighbor is a webdesigner too :rofl:

19. Die Antwoord

Die Antwoord New Member

Amazing how you act nothing like a n00b and even know some of the OT lingo. :hsugh:

20. Die Antwoord

Die Antwoord New Member

RUNCOMPANIES = CONTRACT ???????????????????

THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW.

21. Contract

Contract Guest

No way man, he lives with his girlfreind in the same apartment complex as mine and I know he's been living here for the past 6 months, beacuse I seen him around here from time to time. But no you don't have to show me beacuse I know I signed up at his place, and I'm starting to wonder what is the big deal in all of this? House/Apt/Place, they are all the same to me I'm just posting from a place that's not mine. Why do you keep going back and forth with me about this? This is my first week here, why is a mod giving me crap? I just bought a sub as well, and I am enjoying this place.

22. Contract

Contract Guest

I'm not a webdesigner, I just someone who enjoys art. For the last time, I became freinds with him beacuse we had similar interests.

23. Contract

Contract Guest

I have used other forums before but have never heard of this place.

24. Pepsi1975

:bsflag:

and artist will not know the ends of google and shit like that

25. Pepsi1975

because if I caught you in initiaiton I would have banned you for being an ae

I posted a link to what he said, I am not making it up, he said he had no girlfriend and was about to be homeless

and house and apartment are not the same thing, but with bad spelling that you have square it is understandable why you don't know the difference