SRS i has a problem

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by meervincent, Apr 11, 2008.

1. meervincent

meervincent New Member

by chance i came into this sub-forum to poke around because ive been meaning to quit smoking(pot and tobacco). after reading a few of the threads i started to realize i should not continue to smoke as its taking me in a direction i dont want to go. i just kinda felt like sayin it, for some reason it makes it easyer for me to recognize.

cliffs: pot and smokes are wasting heath my potential and my money so im going to quit them cold turkey

2. O'Fuck

O'Fuck Guest

I wish ya the best man. I've "quit" weed more times than I can count.

I don't give a fuck if its mentally addictive or physically addictive or whatever. All I know is I can't give it up no matter how hard I try. Just a hard habit to break.

Good luck to ya :)

3. meervincent

meervincent New Member

thanks. so its been about 12 hours or so and im goin strong. shit has not been goin my way this morning either but i wont let some trivial inconvenence derail me.

4. meervincent

meervincent New Member

its not really a big deal to not get high. its the smokes that get me. as long as no one pressures me into smoking pot i wont. had 1/2 a cig today and i think i can do the rest of the day without. a bit modivation is the extra energy and money i have when i dont smoke

5. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Nicotine is an anti-psychotic drug. Without it, you're going to get edgy and you're going to interpret things the wrong way. It's all part of the deal. Fortunately, it's not very strong, and you should be done with it in a week or so. After that, it's just a matter of avoiding situations that make it convenient to have a smoke "for old time's sake".

6. meervincent

meervincent New Member

7. Redbeard

Redbeard OT Supporter

Fill every second of the day with something not relating to weed/cigs and you will be fine.

8. O'Fuck

O'Fuck Guest

Damn morrowasted, you've come a long way :)

9. meervincent

meervincent New Member

update

5 days no smokes but i still smoked weed. my gf is an enabler i guess lol

10. undirected

undirected Guest

Congrats on 5 days without cigarettes...I know how hard it can be to quit pot, and I'll go ahead and tell you now that unless you have something to prove, an extraordinary amount of willpower, or a real, concrete reason to quit smoking that, you're gonna have almost no chance at staying stopped if you still are around people who use it.

11. grappler

grappler New Member

The only way to quit smoking weed is not having anyone supply you some. Delete all your hooks and stay away from potheads. And will power is a most.