SRS I had to puy my cat to sleep...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Regicid3, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Regicid3

Regicid3 RIP Bubba Kitty... I love you.

I don't even know what to think or do right now... :wtc:

2. johan

johan Active Member

I'm sorry. I know how you must feel. As long as you loved your cat, I'm sure he loved you.

funny how a cat can enter some people's lives so thoroughly and completely. It's devastating to realize what a huge hole is left when they're gone.

3. SeaMack99

SeaMack99 OT Supporter

My dog of 14yrs just had to be put down. Thank god I wasn't back home

4. Spidey_C

Spidey_C Play to win.

That really sucks man. I used to not like cats, but since my ex adores and loves them, it wore off on me. Sorry for your loss. :(

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
  5. Curegrrl

Curegrrl New Member

:hug: poor kitty kitty...

i'm gunna cry for so long when my kitty dies...she's the only love of my life right now...
    i love my little furball...

6. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

My heart goes out to you. My family put our cat to sleep back in december/january...after about a month, i realized how much I missed having a furball on my bed, so i went out and adopted a 1 year old kitty...

I know it hurts now...you will always remember the cat, but you may eventually think about finding a new cat to love just as much

7. Regicid3

I don't think I will ever get another cat again. I don't want anything to ever replace my Bubba Kitty. :wtc:

8. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

It was extremely hard having my cat put to sleep in 2003. I still tear up when I think about him and sitting there with him when they did it. He had slept at the foot of my bed or against my side for 10 years. Definitely leaves a huge hole and they can never be replaced. I've lost 4 cats (1 to cancer, 1 to kidney failure, 1 to distemper, and 1 to a blood clot that let go and paralyzed her) - it's always hard. :wtc:

You just have to remember the good times, and know he loved you and is no longer in pain. Adopting another cat helps, they are never "replacements", but they can help you cope with your loss, and you will love them too.

9. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I was not suggesting you get another cat right now. I was merely saying that in time, you may find yourself wanting feline companionship. And it would be very hard to replace your old cat, as no 2 cats are alike. The cat I adopted, and the cat I had are completely different...but I love them both.

10. asshole

asshole dont eat yellow snow! OT Supporter

yeah i had and extremely hard time when I lost my TJ the mack daddy kat after 20 years a few years back. I cant believe he lived till 20 all active and healthy till the end. It sux but atleast he went on his own terms.

Its really hard, but just think of the happy times you had! I keep a ball of his with me all the time still thats how attached i was to the little fucker.
    [​IMG]

11. Regicid3

The fact that my kitty isn't somewhere sleeping in my house right now is tearing me apart. She is gone forever and I can't accept it.

I don't know what I am going to do. Thank you for the kind words though. :wtc:

12. FredricaBimmel

FredricaBimmel Great big fat person

It's always hard having a pet put to sleep, but its usually the kindest thing you can do if it's suffering.

Take some time and consider getting another cat. It'll never be like your last one but you'll grow to love it just as much. I've always found that with the dogs I've had.

13. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

i'm sorry. just think of the good times and how you gave him a good life and didn't make him suffer

14. Alex Steezeman

Alex Steezeman New Member

Sucks dude, we had to put one of my cats to sleep when I was a kid and we lost one a couple years ago, but we don't really know what happened. Probably hit by a car or something, but it sucks because we're not totally sure. So at least you know what happened, yeah?

15. Nick Gerz

Nick Gerz OT Supporter