TAT I had to pull out my eyebrow bar...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by TheMustafa, Nov 22, 2004.

1. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

fucking sucks. it didn't look this bad until after i pulled it out, i think it got irritated. lauren (the piercer) at atomic in austin said it might be a keloid, but if it looks all healed in 2 weeks she'll repierce it for free. i'm pissed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dbdraggin

dbdraggin New Member

whats a keloid?

3. Elderain

Elderain New Member

A keloid is an overgrowth of dense fibrous tissue that usually develops after healing of a skin injury. The tissue extends beyond the borders of the original wound, usually does not regress spontaneously, and tends to recur after excision.

4. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

keloids dont go away by themselves. what you had was hypertrophic scarring. warm sea salt soaks or chamomile tea soaks will make them go away.

5. StonerWoCause

StonerWoCause New Member

damn that sucks, im so glad mine worked out for the better. i would have been pissed to. Mine has healed nicely, i forget its there sometimes, and rub my face and tht fucking hurts.

6. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

i got it, it didnt bother me anymore after a week, and now this 2 months later. It also migrated quite a bit.

7. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

yeah, thats basically what she said. it didnt look nearly as bad when the piercing was in, so she couldnt really tell. she just said that if it healed on its own in a few weeks it probably wasnt a keloid

8. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

you can tell by looking at it(jewelry in or not) that it isnt one. keloids arent red and filled with any fluid

9. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

it really frightens me how many "professional" piercers dont even know the difference between the two

keloids are rare
    hypertrophic scarring is common

you probably didnt even need to take the piercing out, looks like it was just a bit irritated and now that the shit has no where to go its all building up

there really needs to be some kind of regulation in the field :hs:
    and im not talking no APP bullshit either

10. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

me and you both know it'll never happen

11. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

probably not any time soon :(

12. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

dude you could barely see anything with the piercing in. after i pulled it out, i fucked with the little fluid-filled thing on top and it turned all red. the red you see is just a little hematoma that built up. there was no way for her to see the actual irritation behind the ball of the barbell that was in there.

i dont see how you can critique another piercer's skill over the internet :rolleyes:

and in any case, the piercing had migrated quite a bit and was really shallow, so it would have had to come out anyway, scar or not.

i'm not trying to be bitchy, but this girl knows what she's doing, and i just dont see how you can criticize her without being there :dunno:

13. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

he's criticizing her because many of the piercers out there have NEVER seen an actual keloid! they assume every little bump that forms on a piercing is a keloid and that it will go away. thats untrue. you can cut a keloid off and there's a really good chance its gonna grow right back. hypertrophic scarring(as we've already stated) is very common with piercings and will go away with proper aftercare. tell your piercer to go sit with a dermatologist and do some research then continue with her piercing career

14. brujito

brujito New Member

I have keloids. One is on my left ear (came out 2 years after I had it pierced) and the others are on the back of my neck (shaved my head for football many moons ago and nicked myself pretty bad.) Not pretty stuff. It looks nothing like that. Also, keloids are hereditary and influence mainly darker colored people like hispanics and african americans.

15. CrazyFukr

CrazyFukr Guest

the day after i got my eyebrow done i scratched up there and that fucking hurt.

now its all healed and it doesnt hurt at all to rub there... got snagged wrestling with the gf the other day and that stung a little but its pretty painless.

16. MrBucket

MrBucket OT Supporter

Sucks for me, I get keloids whenever i have big cuts like for my dogbite and my appendectomy.