SRS I had the worst night last night...i just want to cry right now.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SovietRussia, Oct 29, 2006.

1. SovietRussia

SovietRussia What? You pooped in the refrigerator? OT Supporter

i spent the night, and most of the day in jail. i was on state street for halloween in madison, i got a ticket there for disorderly conduct. then i got a dui and thats why i was in jail. i have been here before, and i know its actually a blessing, like God telling me to slow down. i feel like i need to say more, but nothing is coming out right now...:wtc:

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I guess the only thing I can say is to remember that there are consequences for your actions. Those consequences should help you determine if the actions are worth doing again.

3. .Spect

.Spect New Member

Yup, thats what they have consequences for the actions you do. To make the choices of people more smart. Just think before you do.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Every decision you make has consequenses attached to it , this because every choice creates a reality, like you being in jail :hs:

You know that drinking and driving makes you a murderer behind the wheel , people can get killed. 40% of all deaths are related to incidents where alcohol was used.

Most people would feel that you are fully responsible for the consequenses you took, people who lost relatives to drunk/drive accidents would love to see you behind bars.

The point is that you need to stop screwing around, and get your life straight. It can't be party all the time , and you'd sure to a great job if you would look more ahead in the future of the actions and the consequenses to them.

5. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

You drank and drove? That's what you get.

6. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

SovietRussia, Everyone of us has done things that made us our own worst enemy. The most significant thing is not to get burnt a second time from the same experience. Watch and pray.

7. sezerb

sezerb New Member

The most important thing to remember is that everyone makes mistakes. Making the same mistake twice is a different story. Take it as a lesson and move on

8. SovietRussia

thank you. these are the types of messages that will help me, other than being condecending. i know that is what i deserve. but i am probably beating myself up about this, and chastizing myself more than any of you can.

i wasnt sure if i wanted to tell my mom about it, because i knew she would be disappointed, and i knew i let her down, but i talked to her today, and she reminded me that she still loved me and was just worried about me. i talked to her for an hour and a half, and it really helped. :hsd:

9. SovietRussia

to the point that i know i did break the law, and put many people at risk, and i deserve to be punished, i dont even know that i am going to get a lawyer. i feel like i deserve the most severe punishment (although, i hope that i dont get that, so that i am able to keep my job and continue paying child support). i think i might just show up, and hope that my remose is visible to the judge, and that he can see that i am genuine, and has mercy on me.

10. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

Not sure how it works in WI but where I lived in CA (not in SD but outside of San Francisco) they had a pretty standard 'guilty' program for DUIs... involved a fine inc. court costs (about $1500 or so), DUI/AA classes and upon completion of some other things, the DUI is removed from your criminal record but remains on your driving record (there's actually a difference since it won't show up on a criminal check so if you apply for a job, it won't be there, but if the job requires a CDL or something...). License was restricted for 6 months as well, only valid to/from work and school. Insurance rates skyrocket though.

DUIs were fairly common among people I went to school with since we lived in a small town and the cops were pretty much out to harass the local population. Coupled with the zero-tolerance laws, many were handed out.

now, it's not the end of the world. The first one serves as a wake up call, and it should. Repeated ones are where people serve serious jail time and to be honest, the $$ costs are really a slap on the wrist, all things considered.