A&P I had someone tell me that the D70 is better than the EOS 300D.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by creep, Oct 13, 2004.

1. creep

creep Guest

That the D70 can take up to 150 images at once, where as the EOS 300D can do 100 -- though the 300D has 6.3 megapixel, the D70 has 6.1 -- and the stock lense kit on the D70 is 70, where as the 300D is 55. The D70 has a more quality body, where as the 300D is plastic, cheaper... and the D70 is more professional than the 300D...

I think I made my decision -- Nikon D70 -- but I don't have $1299 yet... :hs:

2. mojito

mojito New Member

:slap:

I really hope this is a joke

If you don't know the difference between them, don't buy one. You seem to have no clue about photography, why spend over $1k on a camera that you won't know how to use?

what is 70 and 55? The telephoto side of the lens, that means shit. .2 megapixels isn't noticeable, but the difference between a CCD and CMOS is.

numer of pcitures depends on the memory card. The 300d is limited to only 4 consecutive, where as the D70 is not limited and is slightly faster, 3/sec to 2.5/sec of the rebel.

Go buy a A80 or G5 and start to learn how to take pictures

3. sony

sony Active Member

If you want some lenses, theres gonna be some triple rebates from Canon again, comin on the 15th. ;)

One of the rebates is for the Rebel.

4. hash browns

hash browns lolcathlon champion OT Supporter

If you are just buying the kit and that's all you expect to use for a while, the D70 kit is a superior value. 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 kit lens with the Nikon is superb compared to the Digital Rebel's kit lens.

D70 Kit > 300D (Digital Rebel) Kit

but also,

D70 Kit price > 300D Kit price

If you are planning on getting extra lenses, there are more mid-priced lenses (say f/4 zooms) available from Canon. Canon also has more lenses with Image Stabilisation. If you are planning on buying pro lenses (say, f/2.8 zooms), they cost a lot more than those mid-price lenses, and in both the Nikon and Canon systems, they're price similarly -- very expensive. Then again, if you wanted to buy pro lenses, wtf are you doing looking at a Digital Rebel?

I suggest you try them both if you are totally new. Personally I feel Nikon ergonomics are more intuitive than Canons. As a tool, you should pick something you are comfortable with.

There are plenty of Canon and Nikon (D)SLR owners on here that will be glad to help --I think-- regardless of which system you choose.

Even if you just got the Canon kit and didn't like it, your overall investment isn't too great to keep you from selling it and switching to the Nikon. When you own more bodies, lenses and accessories it becomes more of a hassle. You should pick wisely, but always remember if you have the money to do it, it doesn't matter =P

5. Eric Happy Meal

Eric Happy Meal New Member

info!!!

6. nitro

nitro Guest

:rofl:

If this was off-topic, I'd think this was a parody thread. :hs:

7. sony

sony Active Member

Its not official yet, but some sites already have the rebate forms up. Looks legit to me. Its possible to pick up a Canon Digital Rebel, 50mm f/1.4, and 85mm f/1.8 for about a grand or a bit over. Very good deal IMO.

In order to maximize the rebates, you have to buy three items. ;)

8. sony

sony Active Member

Yeah the rebates aren't too bad. A BRAND NEW 50mm f/1.4 for 260 or a 85 for 290 are pretty much used lens prices. :hs:

9. bosox

bosox *

10. BLKDVLGSX

BLKDVLGSX OT Supporter

that thread really provides nothing...it's all opinion, back and fourth

11. ( * )( * )

( * )( * ) OT Supporter

12. BLKDVLGSX

BLKDVLGSX OT Supporter

one graph, that really does no good and people spouting off other shit, no facts and no statistics :greddy:

13. sony

sony Active Member

Nah. Theres no rebate, but it still COUNTS towards the rebate. If you buy the 20D after the 15th and two lenses, you get the triple rebates on the lenses but not the body. It still counts on the rebate though, and you need to send the upc and stuff for the camera. Good luck homie. :bigthumb:

What lenses are you going to pick up?

14. sony

sony Active Member

IMO, from just a plain price standpoint, you're going to get a LOT more for your money with the Rebel.

Heres why. With the rebate, a 800 dollar Rebel becomes a 500 dollar Rebel with kit lens. Oh wow you say?

To get the maximum rebate, you'll have to pick up two lenses. The 50mm f/1.4 and 85mm f/1.8 are good choices, which can be sold at the same value you get them for (so you're going to lose ZERO dollars when you sell, zero depreciation pretty much). The 50 can be had for 260 after rebate :)eek3:) and the 85mm for 290 after rebate. In the end, you get a Rebel, kit lens, two EXCELLENT PRIMES for 1050 after rebate. STILL cheaper than the D70 with kit lens. Oh snap.

15. creep

creep Guest

So how can I do this? How can I get a $500 Rebel, do I have to purchase the camera from like Best Buy or somewhere?

16. sony

sony Active Member

Find an authorized Canon dealer, call the number on the rebate if you have any concerns, order, save!~ I think they're going for around 800 for the kit everywhere.

I spent 1024 on my rebel when i first got it.. a year later you can get a rebel w/ two fabulous lenses for 1050.. .. Go Canon. :wiggle:

17. ( * )( * )

( * )( * ) OT Supporter

[​IMG]

need one more though. Want to get rid of my 50 1.8 / Sigma 20 1.8 and pick up a Canon wide, but can't decide which.

18. sony

sony Active Member

Even though the triple rebate on the 20D is $0, it still counts as an item, so you can get the 45 and 75 on the two canon lenses without buying a third lens. :)