I had no idea JBL GTI components were so nice...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TotalEclipse02, Aug 3, 2002.

1. TotalEclipse02

TotalEclipse02 OT Supporter

Well,

After demoing them in two cars, I'm switching out my Polykevlars and getting them :)
    Good thing I get them at dealer cost though, because I don't know if I would pay the 700 MSRP.

These components sound VERY nice and have great midbass response. It's a titanium dome tweeter, but it doesn't sound very harsh at all, it just sounds a tiny bit aggressive, which I like.

I'd say if you can, demo them.

Dan

2. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

:ugh: :uh:

get an eq for your kevlars before you get rid of them :ugh2:

3. 04

04 Guest

:sad2:

I dunno Loudsystem, different people like different speakers? Yeah, an equilizer would probably help him, they help in pretty much any car audio environment, but what if he just likes the JBL's better? Sound is too subjective to make an accurate decision on what sounds good to him - its really up to what he hears, not us. :dunno:

Shit, at least he listened to both, some people just base their opinions on the way the speakers look! :ugh2:

4. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

yes that is true but the Kevlars are one of the highest used speakers for SQ compeition etc they can sound better than most and i hate to sound like an ass but the plolyglass which is their lower line will outperform ANY jbl speaker in acuracy, clarity and detail thats why im just :confused:

an eq can make a HUGE different in a car. A house is much easier to work with a car has different areas that reasonate different also his tweeter and mid placement, how sealed his doors are etc theres so many variables that can make a huge impact on the sound. You can take one of the best drivers in the world and make it sound like utter ass. Just saying im sure his Kevlars could sound much better

5. 04

04 Guest

Yeah, I too was surprised he did not like the speakers. It very well could be the interior of the car that is affecting his decision. Hopefully he can demo the JBL's in his doors to see which sounds better to him. Perhaps the only reason the JBLs sounded better was because they were in a different car?

6. TotalEclipse02

TotalEclipse02 OT Supporter

Well,

I have a Audio control 4.1 ... I don't think it's fair you automatically assume that I don't have an EQ.

I never said I didn't like my Polykevlars... in fact I like them very much, I just said I like the GTi's MORE because they have a more midbass and I like the tweeter better than the one on the polykevlar...

The fact that I can get them for dealer cost also helps influence my decision, I mean if I had to pay 700 dollars for them there is no way in hell I would trade them out.

And also LOUDSYSTEM your not sounding like an ass, I guess your just very opininated? MOst shop owners are, and you mentioned your opening a shop.... As for the Polyglass, I actually HAD the polyglass 3 ways before I changed to Diamond Hex before I changed to Polykevlar.

Car audio is just as much a part of my life as it is yours, granted I may not be opening a shop anytime soon, and I assure you that the JBL GTi's are IMO better components than the polyglass...

As for sealing them up etc etc, I have fabricated fiberglass kicks for every one of my component sets except for the shitty rockford ones I started out with.. (well to be honest I used the same kicks more than a few times :big grin: )

Also as you probably know and 042952359 pointed out, sound quality is very subjective...

I like my polykevlars, I'm just expressing how much I like the JBL Gti's.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2002