SRS I had a friend once (long)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by billbixbysmonkey, Feb 16, 2005.

1. billbixbysmonkey

billbixbysmonkey more coffee please!!

I had a friend once. We became friends in high school and pretty much were joined at the hip. I had a rough time in my home life and his family took me in and made sure I was safe when I needed it.

We graduated from high school and he moved about an hour away. From that point on I had to initiate all contact. We still did alot of thing together. When we turned 21 all he wanted to do was drink. I went along with it for a while then I pulled back. I could not stand not having him in my life so I started hanging out with him again.

This behavior went on for 10 years. Finally I got sick of it when his first daughter was born and he continued to drink and party. I could not deal with it any longer.

It has been 2 years since I have seen or talked to him. He was my only friend and now I consider him dead and I have no friends.

I am at a point in my life where I am very lonely and am in great need of a friend. Someone to hang out with. Someone to have deep converstions with.

I am married and have a good relationship with my wife, but I still need a friend.

I just had to get that in writing and get some feedback.

2. otama

otama New Member

Brother, we all need a friend to talk to. I've found that this forum has helped me, even with all the issues I have. I've always felt as though this is a good place to vent and get some great advice on how to handle things. It's up to me now to take that advice and utilize it.

3. Bush77

Bush77 New Member

join a gym? sports team/club? another activity? just to meet new people... i joined a new hockey team this year and have made at least 5-6 new descent friends... and strengthened bonds with others.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I think you need to go to him, and now give him the help he needs to get rid of his alcohol abuse. You could become best friends afterwards.