i guess i just broke up with my gf

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by dstar, Jan 30, 2008.

1. dstar

dstar it's the motherfucking remix. OT Supporter

I don't even know where to start. I am not the "serious" relationship type guy, but I went away to school and didn't know anyone...made a lot of friends but didn't really "click" with anyone considering I am a 22 year old freshman here to get my shit done and my career backup plan in lock...regardless we started dating...I always told her I would be honest with her and relationships weren't really the top priority on my list, but I enjoy her company and liked spending time with her, and she was cool with that. Over time she ended up really falling for me, I felt bad because she always wants to be around and I don't want to always kick it- I have plenty of work and other shit to do, and she flipped out on my last weekend at dinner thinking she's not the most important thing to me, and went as far as to say she feels pointless..crying and all that. I like her- I like hanging out with her...but I don't love her and I don't think I ever can considering she has piercings, a tattoo and smokes which I am NOT a fan of. Among we are into totally different shit...we don't have much in common. So today she said she was reading my myspace messages "on accident" and I called a random girl cute. She was screaming at me for 20 minutes...I flipped out and told her I wasnt about to take that shit especially when I would never do anything with another woman, and it was just stupidity on my part. I apologized but it didn't matter. She flipped her shit and whatever, I snapped and told her to leave...the argument continued however. I was mid sentence stating "I like her a lot and I want to be friends" but before that even finished she screamed "SO YOU'RE BREAKING UP WITH ME, OK" and started taking her shit out of my room. I feel like an asshole...but at the same time I feel like I did the right thing. I just don't like the fact I will feel somewhat alone out here, but I am man enough to not lie to her just to keep her around. I know she's not "the one" but I like her company. I felt bad, texted her mid post saying simply "I'm sorry." and she wrote back "Sure." So I don't know...I guess I have to just let it go. But I feel bad and life around here will be quiet at best without her around...Off to class. Been a long day.

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You did the right thing, trust me.

I know you feel a little bad now, but this is the best thing for both of you. Dragging it out even longer would only hurt her even more. Make sure not to cave. Do NOT contact her. And change your myspace password for fuck's sake. How can you pass up the fact that she went into your profile to read your messages? No trust=no relationship.

Move on, it's definitely for the best.

3. Abomb

Abomb New Member

your gf is whiny

4. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

Exactly, plus the OP wasn't really feelin' it. Nothing worse than when the love dies out of a marriage/relationship. People stay together for stupid reasons sometimes, only hurting themselves and the ones around them in the end. It's good you realized what it really was before you couldn't stand to see her face.

I wouldn't really push the friends thing just yet, she's probably going to hate you right now. Everyone is different, so who knows how this will work out, just go day by day.

Like iwishyouwerebeer said, you did the right thing.

5. danewreed

danewreed OT Supporter

This is a valuable piece of wisdom.

6. danewreed

danewreed OT Supporter

:rofl:

Well then, if it's bothering him enough to push, there is a lack of chemistry in the relationship and its time to exit IMO.

7. dstar

I appreciate everyones advice. She texted me, we met up, I tried my best to be civil but she keeps assuming I don't care about her and what not and I wear out to the point of getting mad. I want to be friends with her in a sense but I don't want to now, I want her head on right...so it ended with us yelling at each other and me walking away.

The myspace thing is stupid. I work in an environment where women approach me often and if I am in a relationship I do blow it off often, but nicely. I get myspace shit often too from girls just like any other normal guy, and I was just being nice and saying thanks for coming out to the party or whatever and I said "I didnt notice her which is surprising because I usually notice all the cute girls" - which is what she saw and flipped about. Yeah...I feel guilty but i would have never done anything...nor did I even try.

8. Redneck Shinobi

I would have wished you didn't see her so soon after all this. The wounds are still fresh. Leave the friends thing alone, you'll be lucky if she wants to trust you. I had a girl curse me and probably still to this day hates my guts with a genuine passion. I'll never play with the emotional strings of a womans heart again, that's for sure. We dated for a whole 2 weeks too :rofl:.

I'm sure you're not 100% innocent, but you don't need to keep defend yourself here. You weren't feeling it, you didn't match and bam, chemistry gone. It's the same as meeting people you dislike, or like. You would have become that person that really didn't care about her if it continued.

Let her go, if she wants to be friends she will come to you. Leave the offer and walk away, you can't force it.

9. dstar

Yeah I wasn't tryin to see her after this either but she blew my phone up and I wanted to be as nice as possible. Oh well.

10. dstar

Ugh, she just texted me an old pic of her and I. Way to make me feel like an asshole.

11. Redneck Shinobi

If it's at all possible just turn your phone off or block her. Just ignore her. She is either trying to make you feel bad, or get you back, or generally just pissed off and wants to argue for the sake of it. You can either enable her behaviour or not with your choices on answering or viewing them lol.

12. dstar

Yeah, no need to respond for sure..just feels bad you know?

13. Redneck Shinobi

It sucks to lose anyone in your life who you admire for other things. Maybe one day she'll be lucky enough to look past this, or not. At least you are smart enough to know when it's not the right moment. You have other things you need done first. To be honest, for school wise, my getting a girlfriend wasn't the best idea. Although I'm happy where I am, I'd be basically done school now. Not that she is to blame for my laziness, but a good excuse.

14. dstar

I feel you. I appreciate the help. It's hard when she's sending pics of us and writing captions like "this is the boy who i fell for, when he comes back tell him i miss him" and shit...its like what can I do? The only way I think I could get back together with her is if there were some changes to her lifestyle.

15. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Sounds like she just wants to make you feel guilty for being honest. I love women that get mad when you tell them how you really feel, and then they try and make you feel bad for not feeling the same way they do.

16. Redneck Shinobi

lol no problem, but I would also advise against telling her that last sentence. You can't force something that isn't there. Don't give her any hope to what could have/would be. I don't doubt she was happy and you probably were too, you guys shared some good times, and like now, hard ones, but now you step forward. Hopefully she can learn to do the same.

17. iwishyouwerebeer

:uh: Oh jesus. Do NOT get back together, you're already starting to justify her actions out of guilt. She'll never really change. Your opinions of her will deep down always be the same, and especially after this it will never work again.

You have got to ignore her calls/texts. It's the only way she will ever move on, as well as yourself. You can only be friends once you're both over one another.

18. dstar

So last night at 3am she's knocking on my dorm's door. She dropped a note off cuz I was slow to answer. Its basically saying she won't let this go this easy. I felt bad and caught her outside. She had been crying all day for sure...I feel bad and hugged her and told her to just get some rest and try to relax. Then today we have a class together, she wrote me a note in a book I bought her saying all this shit. I felt bad and asked her to lunch after class. ugh.

19. iwishyouwerebeer

Figures. Just keep wasting more of both your time :rolleyes:

20. danewreed

danewreed OT Supporter

Why do they keep texting/calling for months? :ugh:

21. Gibles

Gibles the funny thing about my back is....

let her go, move on, shit I wish everything in life had this easy of an answer....

22. dstar

I feel you - we didn't go to lunch, but we're on talking terms. I think I'm just going to be nice to her but not do anything. She's being decent about it, we just talked and she said she is going to figure things out for herself on her own time and essentially step back.

23. maskednegator

maskednegator Kosmonaut, best we've got...

you don't return her feelings. she can't fault you for that. let her go, man.

24. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

So you ended a relationship with an insecure, untrusting, clingy self-centered drama queen.

No big loss, you did the right thing.

25. iwishyouwerebeer

Who the fuck knows. People are weird and love misery.