SRS I guess another one of those "girl advice" threads

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by phEight, Nov 2, 2005.

1. phEight

phEight ...

Alright well, for the most part... posts would be appreciated however my main reason for writing this is so I can sort this out in my mind, not soley to seek advice from others. I figured I'd write about it and let others read it and see what they have to say about it.

So anyways, I met this girl (lets name her S) last summer from this huge trip a lot of us took to Canada / NYC / some other places. It was sort of a church type (I'm Islamic, not Christian... it doesn't serve very much relevance to the post, but I thought I'd say that since most ppl would assume I met Christianity) trip so to speak, just not organized through the church... just a bunch of family / family freinds etc. So anyways, we didn't get to talking much on the trip... just a little bit here and there. I liked her then, but knew she didn't have any sort of feelings like that for me.

After the trip, we talked online a little bit. She lives in Austin, and well I live in Houston. The little bit talking online got to hours and hours of talking. We talked nearly every night for hours on in. After just a month or so it had felt like we had known each other for years. We both just clicked so well, and were able to relate to each other on many many things. I am almost sure that she has much more stronger feelings towards me than she did before. We basically share almost anything with each other, she's told me things that she's only told one or two of her very close freinds.

I moved off to college in Colorado, and we haven't talked nearly as much as we did during the summer, but we still talk, and I just have a gut feeling that she truly has feelings for me. I must say that I had very very strong feelings towards her after I got to know her more.

So this is my dilemma, alot of you are probably thinking... well woah why don't you just tell her that you have feelings for her? Last month or so, I met another girl (lets name her F) who's in Houston, and I met her through my cousin. I don't feel that 100% comfort I feel around my freind S. However, this girl just seems to be somewhat of a challenge to get. I know she views me as a good freind, and I don't know if she has any sort of feelings for me like that, however me and her have also talked for hours before about lots of things. We definately click well, and I find F very attractive because of her spirited personality. She's the type thats involved in all sorts of stuff that requires leadership. She's very confident and just has some sort of characteristc that just draws me to her. I, on the other hand, am not very involved nor do I take on leadership roles and stuff like that. We both share the same feeling about wishing we had each others qualities. I'm more of a if I want something I'll go get it type of a person.

I want you guys to know that I have not gone out with anybody before, and it's not because I haven't had the chance... honestly I just felt that I wanted a girl that I would truly like before I got involved in a relationship. Both of those girls are the same way. I am very surprised at that since they are both pretty attractive, yet haven't gone out with anyone. I know that sounds a little shallow, but get real... attractive girls always have guys flocking around them.

This is a bit long, and like I said... the main reason for me writing was to sort out the thoughts in my mind... but feel free to leave any comments or questions you might have. Oh, and I'd like to mention that long-distance relationships aren't much of a problem at all. Like I said, I am Islamic and my religion / the community within this religion will always be there, and I will definately always be in contact with these people. Thanks for listening... hope it wasn't too boring hehe.

2. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

go for the first one, if you want to have a strong relationship ...

however, it is your call on what happens!!

3. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

It occurs to me that lots of talking = friendzone. Personally, I make it a point to spend time in person with women who I am interested in. E-communication (phone, email, im) does not reveal TRUE feelings. And you should never have to tell a woman you have feelings for her, you should show her by somehow asking her out on a date, spending time together, etc.

4. phEight

phEight ...

I didn't literally mean just "telling her", I certainly understand that I should show feelings in another way. It has been more than just E-Communication... which is why I'm confused.

Nightshade, those are the same thoughts I've had.

Thanks for the replies