SRS I guess after turning 20 today...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Spidey_C, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Spidey_C

Spidey_C Play to win.

I started to reflect a lot on what I've done and what I will do. I've thought about these things before, but not as strongly as I did today. I guess it's mostly due to the lot of bad decisions, horrible mistakes I made during the last year of life. I ask myself if I've changed for the better, if I'll repeat the same mistakes. I've been doing a good job thinking positively, but I guess today just made me think of all the bad things, and how I wish some things were different and how I wish I was the way I am now a year ago. It would have made the last year of my life so much easier and happier. I guess it's a good thing that the change happened rather than not happen at all. Really vague I know, but I just needed to get this off my chest. :hs:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

The good thing is you've realized this now at such a young age, now you just need to change what you think needs to be changed.

3. Spidey_C

Spidey_C Play to win.

What scares me the most is that I'll repeat mistakes that I've already done. I'm hoping that if I'm ever tested, I'll be able to make things right and not fuck things up again.

4. bigballofyarn

bigballofyarn OT Supporter

Don't be afraid of making mistakes. It's part of life. No one expects you to be perfect. Mistakes help us learn new things, and teach us new ways of handling situations.

Try to take each situation as it comes to you. Don't worry about them before they even exist. If there's a certain mistake that you don't want to repeat, then just focus yourself and do everything possible to prevent that from happening.

Change is possible, but it takes courage and commitment. Be courageous and optimistic when you enter a new situation, and be committed to excelling as far as you can.

5. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

I look back on my life and realize i never even had a chance.

6. c0dyblah

c0dyblah New Member

join the club, i've been thinking that for the past 6 months, and i'm turning 20 in 12 days

7. jonno

jonno New Member

and it's all because of this attitude

8. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You've barely have had a life, you're like 20 tops. Stop being such a pessimist and make your life the way you want it. You bitch far too much.

9. Spidey_C

Spidey_C Play to win.

Hopefully.

10. bigballofyarn

bigballofyarn OT Supporter

^ It's true. The change has to come from within you. I believe almost any change is possible (assuming you don't want to change your gender and become the ruler of Germany). You need to have faith in yourself and your abilities. Do not ever let anyone tell you that you're not worthy of something you want, and no not let anyone try to prevent you from getting it. I believe you're a strong person, but just lack a little faith in yourself. I believe in you. I believe in your potential as a strong-willed, successful person. If you want to change, decide who you want to become, and find out how to become it. Do not give up until you achieve it.

11. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

You have to keep on making decisions in your life even if they are wrong, because you know that simply sitting still in your life and doing nothing will get you nowhere.

There are only three directions in life, down where death lies, stay where you are and go in circles, or up where an improved life lies ahead, the first 2 are worthless and lead to nowhere, this is important because it means you can set the course of your life, to the only direction that is valuable ,namely upwards towards into progress. It doesn't matter from there on wether you win or lose in life, you simply keep on following the positive course, that way you can ALWAYS be confident no matter what happens, because you know that going for gold in your life is the only right way to live.

What matters is that you do and should not expect for leperchauns to appear and solve your issues, do not wait, be the dictator of your own life and take the situation in your own hands.

If change was just a thought, then anyone could do it. But reality is that you can't just sit around feeling miserable for yourself and the situation you are in while being punched in the face by the reality of life. Those thoughts of change, can't become real if you just sit around feeling sorry for yourself, if you want to change then why would you stay in a state of paralyzation? If that happens it means you do not want to change, you are simply waiting for the world and people to change around you as you see fit, therefore

Without walking, there's no way to move forward, you'll just end up waiting. No guts No glory.

12. Spidey_C

Spidey_C Play to win.

The decisions I made play a part , but the actions I've taken before are also what I was reflecting on. I haven't planned on sitting around doing shit. I've been with the goal in mind to conquer my insecurities and go beyond what people expect of me. I was really just reflecting on what I did and hoping that I wouldn't repeat any of those same mistakes.

13. SpectreMatrix

SpectreMatrix New Member

Don't worry, you will figure it out. The difference between you and the guy that doesn't is the fact that you aren't remaining blissfully ignorant of the choices you have made. I have walked in your shoes, you will walk the right path. Just keep your focus.

14. Spidey_C

Spidey_C Play to win.

I feel that I will. Just saddens me looking back at the things I've done.