GUN i got to hold an MP40 today :)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by t1h, Jan 18, 2007.

1. t1h

t1h Guest

A friend at my work knows a guy that works at a state history museum. So we got to talking and I got ahold of the guy at the museum. They have some fire arms dealing with state history (guns owned by former governors, etc) and some firearms that have been donated to them because people didn't know what to do with them (like when a husband dies the old wife doesn't know what to do with them so she donates them to the museum, etc) and some i the collection they don't know the history of (the card on the gun doesn't say how it got into the collection and the staff don't know either)

but anyway to keep it short, I got to talking to the guy at the museum and he was like "come on over, we love to show what we have to the public" so I went there and saw various rifles, shotguns, and pistols, and the he was like, oh I bet you will like this, and he brought out an MP40. He said they don't know how it got in the collection, the card says it was found in france and thats all they know. It had an empty magazine. The guy let me hold it. It was awesome. it was heavier then I was expecting, though. The guy said that someone had fired it because in the file on it there was a target sheet with holes in it.

It had all the original markings, nazi proofs/eagles, etc, too.

made my day :)

2. Small Block LSX

Small Block LSX BMW | N54 | LSX | Gun | PS3 | Parent | Night CREW

Thats awesome. I just wouldn't shell out the cash for them. The sad part, is that they were destroyed by the thousands.

3. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

I was fucking pissed because a Erb tube MP-40 went for $8500. By the time I got the money tranferred that bitch had sold. But at that price I knew it wouldnt last long.:hsd:

4. t1h

t1h Guest

there's an MP40 on gunbroker.com right now. if only I had $8000 :(

5. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

Link? Ran a search but all I got was parts kits and display guns.

My bad for having to bail. Had to run to the courthouse all the sudden.

6. t1h

t1h Guest

7. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

8. ElCidKid

ElCidKid New Member

a buddy of mine collects ww2 guns, I remember the first time i help and Mp40 its was amazing, then, i held and shot his StG-44, and that was insane, and then be busted out his MG-34 and MG-42 :bowdown:

9. t1h

t1h Guest

:eek3: pics?

10. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

I held an uzi once. The bolt and receiver have been welded up since then :hs:

11. ElCidKid

ElCidKid New Member

I dont have any digital pics, and i really dont feel like scanning any right now but here is his website.
    www.stoutguns.com