COMIC I got the Initial D 5 pack from Anime Toys finally about two days ago...

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Buick Muscle, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Buick Muscle

Buick Muscle Guest

It consisted of Initial D Stage 1 and the Second Stage, Battle Stage, the movie, and the extra stage.

I just got done watching the Second stage, since I watched the First stage about half a year ago.

PLEASE TELL ME THERE IS MORE TO THE SECOND STAGE THEN THIS. It was a 3 pack DVD, but only 4 episodes per DVD? :thumbdown: The animation was indeed better, but my only beef was that it was lacking the drama that the first Stage had. And the battles were all right, but it really had no substance. There was no other motivation for the races other then, "Im pissed. Im going to race you!" It almost seemed like a video game plot for a second there.

I was really dissapointed when the possible friendship Tak had with the other 86 driver almost dissintergrated in the first meeting. While I was thinking the Doppleganger concept was cool, the whole thing just seemed to be lacking the :unlimiteddrama: that the first stage had.

Don't get me wrong, it was a kick ass series, but the Second stage was kinda pale in comparison to the first.