I got the blue screen. HELP!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by LS1S13, May 10, 2007.

1. LS1S13

LS1S13 New Member

I got a Dell desktop before I started college, that was a few years ago. A couple months ago it got the blue screen on startup and I didn't care too much since I just use my fiancee's laptop. But today I pulled it out to see if I can get it going.

On startup, before the loading windows screen even comes up, I get the blue screen. It says (besides the normal stuff) UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME and Technical information: ***STOP: 0x000000ED, (0X81EEBAD8, 0X0000006, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

If I hit F8 on startup, I try to start it in safe mode, but it still does the same thing. The last thing it does before the blue screen is when it's loading the drivers. The last one to appear on the screen is ...\system32\DRIVERS\AGP440.sys

Then I tried something else. After hitting F8 on startup, I hit it again. That allows me to load windows with the last known good configuration, but it still does the same thing.

I don't know where to go from here. :sadwavey:

2. Moistfly

Moistfly Anal Bum Cover

Corrupted file system. If you don't need to save any data just run windows recovery or possibly replace the HDD

3. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

Do you have a USB drive or other external hard drive attached? I got this error on my old laptop a while back when I tried booting with my external USB hard drive attached. I had to disconnect it, then reconnect it once Windows booted to be able to use it.