okay im a 17 year old guy, im homeschooled and i have been since middle school. i have REALLY slacked off recently and i am at least a year and a half behind of where i should be. i went to high school for my freshmen year and failed so i went back to homeschool. which is when i got even further behind and i just keep messing myself up and now i think ive gone too far to go back and get on track for several reasons. i also waited until i was 16 and a half to get my learners permit for driving and in a little over my month im FINALLY getting my license. i want to quit school right now and get my GED. and get a full-time job while continuing to work at the restaurant i work at now for nights. with those jobs i want to save up about 10k for moving out in about 2 years. i turn 18 in october and since my dad knows the local warden and several prison faculty i want to work full-time as a prison guard until im 20, which is when the prison can hook me up with a job as a cop in atlanta where ill make 27k-35k starting out. right before im a cop is when i plan to move out with my 10k that i will have saved and get a start on my life. here is what complicates things...my parents think the GED is only for losers and quitters and i cant get by with it. they are thoroughly forceful that i spend this year, this summer and next year doing school to work towards getting my diploma. the problem with that is it will set me back alot on my current plan for my career for no good reason. i wont be able to work full-time which means i wont be able to save any money to move out on my own in a year or two. therefore, i have to make a decision. if i decide to do it my way, i have to be completely independent starting now and i wont be able to get their help with anything for a long time including a used car loan that i need to get the car i want next month, my dad said hed only do that if i came up with a plan to finish school before i do anything else. so my option for going my way would be getting my friend's piece of crap car which does run for a couple hundred bucks and then waiting until october when im 18 so i can get credit to get a small used car loan and end up with the car i want. and then continue with my plan from there. if i choose their option, they wont be disappointed in me, ill have the car i want now along with the monthly payments for it, ill have to either start working my ass off here or start going to school during the day and i wont be able to work days, im wasting precious time getting my diploma when my career plan does not require that. i havent ever had to make a decision this big before and im so effing stressed about it. please help me.