SRS I got my g/f flowers.. what to write on the card?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RoninJinn, Sep 25, 2006.

1. RoninJinn

RoninJinn Oh it's just *****girl...

So, I just ordered a dozen lavender flower's for my girlfriend of almost three years.

And have absolutely no clue what to write on the greeting card.

We've known each other a little over 3 years.

Been together 3 years in december.

Lived together for more than a year and a half (It was an accident really, she came over to my house *living w/ parents at time* and never went home lol) And just moved into an apartment of our own 4 months ago.

The relationship is great, we rarely argue, and if we do it's about the typical stuff, and over in minutes.

I'd like to make a comment about knowing her for so short a time, but feeling like we've known each other for a life time. Or maybe about how I'd like to spend the rest of my life w/ her? I dunno. I've been trying to figure something out all weekend. And now is crunch time. I have to call the flower place in 30 minutes and let them know, because the flower's are being delivered today.

Anyone have any short but sweet comments?

2. 7960

7960 New Member

"I've only known you for a short time but feel like we've known each other for a lifetime. Thank you for being in my life."

saying "I'd like to spend the rest of my life with you" is 4 words short of a proposal......you wanna get married? Don't propose through a delivered card.

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

damn, after 3 years if you can't write something on that tiny ass card something is wrong

4. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Seriously.

And btw, 3 years is not really a "short time."

But if you really need an idea, how about:

"Honey,

This guy Falconer on OT is totally jealous that we've been together for 3 years and we never fight. I'm glad you're not confused and you actually know what you want, unlike his gf. The last 3 years have been awesome, but you already knew that. I love you.

RoninJinn"

5. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

I usually don't put mushy stuff on the card, go for something charming and witty, or something with a meaning that only you and she would know.

6. Kortiz-DZ

Kortiz-DZ Resident Nigerian Lipper OT Supporter

"Just thinking of you."

or write a poem....pick one out of the many millions online...run to the book store and pick a poem out of a book..

7. teo

teo . => ? => !

don't write anything. draw something, or write a clue for some picture you've left elsewhere. in short, no one says you have to do something normal like write a mushy phrase.

8. 7960

7960 New Member

Yeah, that's the ticket!! Draw a doodle and then wait for her friend to let it slip that she thinks she got flowers from an ex :rofl:

9. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

"I wuv you" :mamoru:

10. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

How about "I love you more each and every day" or some other cheesy shit...haha

11. teo

teo . => ? => !

:mamoru: Well, I hazarded a guess that he'd be able to draw something that was, you know, unique and recognizable to her :rofl:

<tangent> I did get flowers from an ex once, but I'd already broken up with him over irreconcilable differences and it was too little and way, wayyy too late. Incidentally it was the first (and last) set of flowers I ever received from him. They were delivered at work and it took me a while to figure out who had sent them (the card was blank which was what made me think of this story in the first place). I wasn't interested in keeping them and would have felt awkward about keeping them on my desk because everyone asks you about flowers when you get them, so I split them up and put them into pop can 'vases' (classy! :rofl:) and put them on my friends' desks. It made for interesting office talk which amused me greatly and smoothed over any consternation I had. </tangent>

12. SovietRussia

SovietRussia What? You pooped in the refrigerator? OT Supporter

how about "just because its tuesday" :dunno: