i got invisibleshield for my macbook pro...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by gui3, Feb 29, 2008.

1. gui3

gui3 all the dude ever wanted was his rug back

i thought some of you might be interested so i'll write up whatever i can think of. let me know if you have any questions.

i went with the full body kit, for $50, because even though the case is aluminium it still ends up scratching and is way too difficult to grip.

that, and the trackpad and wrist area get dirty too easily.

it does not cover they keyboard or speaker grilles, but other than that it comes in nine peices:

wrist
    mouse button
    trackpad
    battery
    RAM cover
    3 peices for the bottom

the trackpad is still very responsive.

grip is improved over the whole computer which is nice.

it is mostly invisible but adds a bit of gloss to the computer because it's about 1mm thick.

installation involved taking the stickers off their backing --> spraying the sticky side with a liquid solution they provide --> slapping it on the MBP and sliding it into place --> giving it a moment to set --> squee-gee-ing out the bubbles and excess liquid --> keeping the peice steady until it was set.

it recommends leaving it for 24 hours before using the computer. i waited 40 minutes and each part seems to be set pretty solidly. i have some bubbles / liquid i wasn't able to get out but i am told that it comes out on its own after about a day. we shall see.

biggest concern was that the solution would leak into the MBP and cause damage. to avoid this i held napkins at the edges of each peice to absorb as much as possible. i think this is probably distilled water that won't leave reside on computer parts so long as it dries fully.

overall, seems good so far. any questions?

2. Do you have any pictures of it installed?

3. gui3

gui3 all the dude ever wanted was his rug back

4. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

i have that on my cellphone.
    i think its worth it

5. I've seen them on the Macbooks. I'd like to see pics of one on the aluminum case.

6. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

I didn't care for the invisibleSHIELD texture on the screen of my iPhone but think it would be fine on a laptop. The bubbles will work themselves out after a day or two (ones on my iPhone took a couple days). The application solution is baby soap and water. This reminds me, I still haven't gotten my refund check back from invisibleSHIELD.