SRS i got fired

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Curegrrl, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Curegrrl

Curegrrl New Member

:wtc:

first time for everything i guess....

thing is, i didn't know at the time that i was doing something wrong...i worked at a bank, my supervisor told me to let someone into their safety deposit box...so i did....and bam, 3 months later...i'm getting the boot for it...

too complicated to really explain...

:wtc: :wtc:

2. tigerlily

tigerlily Spoiled brat.

sorry to hear that, but remember when one door closes another opens somewhere :) keep your eyes open for a better opportunity!

3. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

That really sucks :( What I would do if I was in your shoes is have a meeting with that manager, and then that person's superior(s) and find out exactly why this decision was made, when you were only following directions. Also get some answers as to why they waited 3 months to give you the boot, and why if you did do something wrong, why didnt they let you know reasonably sooner? Something doesn't sound right on their end.

4. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

why 3 months later? something is up if that's the case....

5. Curegrrl

Curegrrl New Member

three months because the situation escalated about the middle of january...investigation started, lawyers getting involved...contracts updated....i was still in my training period, yet i compromised the bank with what i did...

i should have let my supervisor do it...it was her customer at the time...

6. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

You barely had the job for 3 months... It really won't take a hit on the resume or anything, just pretend it never happened, and move on. No sense talking about what if i did this, what if i did that, either way the conclusion is the same, you having no job.

Just take it as one of lifes lessons, now you have a new job as of today, pick up the paper, and find a job :)

Good luck ;)

7. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

ahh i see..... ok makes sense then.

8. otama

otama New Member

Sorry to hear that. I was laid off last October from company A. During my time there, I was on the account for company B. After going through the interview process for a position that I applied for, I now work for company B and couldn't be happier.

I honestly think that if I wasn't laid off, I wouldn't be with company B now. I'm starting to believe that things happen for a reason.

Feel free to post your resume in the job section. We will be happy to help you tweak it. :)

9. Plasma

Plasma New Member

Get back up there and ask why its your fault if you were instructed to go and do that. It sounds to me that your just taking this lying down and not doing anything to help yourself out, get your ass back in there and ask what the hell happened.

10. teo

teo . => ? => !

so you got fired for following the orders of your direct supervisor? that smacks of wrongful dismissal. if you really like/want the job then you have grounds to fight for it... but if it's not worth it then be thankful you're not working for such backstabbing assholes and move on with your life.

11. Curegrrl

Curegrrl New Member

yeah, i did what i was told to do...but didn't follow "proper policy" that's the killer rite there...