TAT I Got drunk and upped my ear gauge

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Laurel, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Laurel

Laurel New Member

So I've been at 14 gauge lobe piercings for the last couple of years, and recently(last week) got a set of 12 gauge claws, and 10 gauge claws. My plan was to start off by putting the 12g's into my bottom set of holes for about a month, then throw the 10's in the bottoms, and move the 12g claws to my upper holes. Well, after about 2 days of 12g in the lower holes I got pretty drunk and came up with a "good idea," I now have the 10G claws in my lower holes and 12Gs in my upper holes. the 10G's hurt like a mother.

It's been about 2 days since I upped the gauge from 12->10, my ears are quite sore, not super painful, but they kinda hurt to sleep on, and I noticed them sorta sticking when I rotate the jewelry, should I take it out and go back to my 12/14 setup, or leave it alone, and give it time to heal?

I'm such a dag

2. joy division

joy division New Member

drunk jewelry working is always fun.

3. Chalkitup

Chalkitup New Member

I'd say that rotating the jewellry isn't a good idea, you're irritating it every time and preventing it from healing. Just keep it clean and give the skin a chance to get used to the stretch.

4. Laurel

Laurel New Member

Okay, update... I just checked on/cleaned my poor poor ears... Both had crusties... My left ear produced a small amount of blood when i took a wet q-tip to it. Guess that means i'll be healing 2 "new" piercings over the next couple weeks. Gotta go get sea salt tomorrow.

I've removed the 12g ones from the upper holes, they aren't damaged, but were a bit sore. I figured my body can use all of the cell generation it can muster on those 2 holes

5. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

I think the word "upped" gets the point across rather well. At least she didnt say she "gauged" them up. That REALLY seems to chap the ass.

Sorry to hear that the ear stretching didnt work for you. Yeah, drunken ANYTHING never seems to work out, be it sex, fights or in your case, stretching. I think that your top holes are most likely okay and I think that maybe putting in the original size they were designed to handle would be a good idea while healing the other ones you are worried you might have blown. I cant remember if you said you took earrings out of those entirely..but if you did, dont. Just put in appropriately sized earrings in that wont stretch and are more gentle while you heal. And be sure to always wait 4-6 weeks between each size you stretch to make sure your experience is as painless and healthy as possible. Im sure you wont make the same mistake again. :)

6. joy division

joy division New Member

woah woah woah

drunk sex fucking RULES... Drunk fights however are very , very bad.

7. Synner

Synner New Member

Well, you might've ripped something with the 10's, but I doubt it...still, it's always possible. Take them out for 5 minutes, let them bleed if they will, put them back in, and start doing sea salt soaks. If you check my posts in the body mods forum, you'll see that I suggest sea salt soaks for damn near everything, and there's a point to it, sea salt heals damn near everything piercing related, and it heals it fast. I think someone has told me to use ibuprofen for the pain before, but you might want to check that first, I'm honestly not sure.

8. russd10089

russd10089 New Member

Exactly what i was thinking.

Sorry, i have no help with the topic of this post, except, sea salt does heal damn near everything. Cut or open wound wise.

9. Cherryfire

haha..my mistake. Drunk sex IS fun..however I was referring to the safety issue. VERY easy to make some unsafe decisions when youre drunk.

10. Laurel

Laurel New Member

I <3 drunk sex

I literally only have $2 in my bank account til friday, so i'll be waiting til then to get the sea salt. Simple qtips and water every morning after shower and night before bed have been keeping them relatively clean. I have had crusties, but not anything major. They don't hurt much anymore... I think/hope i'm well on my way to recovery... Thanks... i suppose

11. decibel

decibel Guest

psssh, you need salt.

12. Cherryfire

psssh...its been covered. ;)

13. Synner

Synner New Member

Oh yeah, forgot to mention way back in my first post....thinking about it, it probably wasn't ripped. Mine ripped from the 4ga stretch, but that was going from 16ga to a 4 in one step....little steps, like skipping a gauge or two, won't do much damage. It just stings, that's all.

Update on things?

14. 12345678

12345678 EH?

you went from 16 to 4!?!?!?! :noes:

15. Synner

Synner New Member

Yep. 4g black talons...just got pissed off at the world, didn't feel like cutting, so I gauged them....up 6 steps in 15 seconds. They're up to 00ga now.

16. 12345678

12345678 EH?

WOW
    how did that feel on the old ears

17. desired_apathy

desired_apathy New Member

upped wouldn't work seeing how the guage number gets lower:hsugh:

18. desired_apathy

desired_apathy New Member

I had a friend go straight to 6 ears puffed up like little ballons :mamoru:

19. Cherryfire

Congratulations? :hsugh:

20. Cherryfire

...OR what he/she meant is the size of the actual hole in their ear was "upped". Give a kid a break. Was anyone REALLY confused by what he meant? :hs:

21. 12345678

12345678 EH?

:ugh:

22. Laurel

Laurel New Member

I AM a girl actually....

:wavey:

Kept the 10 gauge in, and when I went to put the 12g in my upper holes, realized that I had lost one of them. stuck with my original 14 for a couple weeks, then decided that I only wanted jewelry in 1 piercing, so took the 14g upper piercings out, they're back down to a small size, and i'm about ready to move up/down to 8 gauge

23. mymilkexpired

mymilkexpired New Member

What ever happen to patience? I'd bet money that a great majority of those rushing their stretches have cat butt lobes...

You guys/gals need to learn some patience with this stuff...

24. Laurel

Laurel New Member

I was having patience, and then I got drunk. Alot of things seem like good ideas when you're drunk. My ears dont look creepy or anything, i promise.

25. decibel

decibel Guest

touchy.