SRS I got drunk and cried.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by hom3lesshom3boy, Feb 15, 2005.

1. hom3lesshom3boy

hom3lesshom3boy New Member

Twice. Is this normal? The first time was because my best friend was moving, and the second time was because the same friend had a massive hangover and was throwing up and passed out and I honestly thought he was going to die. Maybe my inhibitions were off, but yeah. You'd be scared too if you saw your friend down 15(ish) shots in one hour.

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Well , you feel bad about your best friend going away, and crying is a form of saying i don't want that. Normally you wouldn't show this because your brain would put this on a brake not showing to the outside world, but alcohol inhibits your emotions and pulled off the brake making your emotions coming out and making you cry.

Seriously i think your using alcohol too much. Enjoy but drink with measure.

3. CBBaller

CBBaller keira is below.

Meh, it's not abnormal. I don't cry around people when I'm sober, but I have a couple times when I was drunk.

4. hom3lesshom3boy

hom3lesshom3boy New Member

Then... I'm normal?

5. johan

johan Active Member

"Normal" actually has pretty wide boundaries. So yeah, you're normal.

6. Hipnotic_Tranz

Hipnotic_Tranz Ma' Kin

I know a couple girls that are criers when they drink. I wouldn't say it's normal in the sense that it's common for people to do it, but it happens and it's not like you're being psyco doing it. Sometimes it's good to get it out :dunno: If it becomes something you do everytime you drink, then I'd say you may have an issue? I wouldn't drink if all I did was get upset and cry.

7. JJRedick

JJRedick Guest

no problem there dude... if it's consistent like the others have said, then maybe. However, it just sounds like you let your emotions out, and they're harder to control when you're under the influence of alcohol.

8. tweakerpc

tweakerpc Guest

when my mom gets drunk every once in while, she falls asleep :rofl:

9. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

Last time I checked crying was a natural occurance and there wasn't one paticular thing that sets it off.

10. otama

otama New Member

I've always been told that for guys to cry is a sign of weakness. It's only been recently that I've started accepting that it's natural for a guy to cry. Lord knows I need to.

11. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

I was always told that it was real men that actually cried. I don't think that is so. Crying doesn't make you any more a man than it does lesser a man (does that even make sense)?

All I do know is that plenty of men cry and there is nothing wrong with that.

12. johan

johan Active Member

Nah, it's not a sign of weakness.

Real strength doesn't come from never showing emotion. Real strength comes from living life with your head held high and overcoming your trials.

13. Bush77

Bush77 New Member

that's not ALOT of alcohol... i mean its alot... lol but it wont kill you. i've seen someone funnel a mickey which is 12 shots. that's 12 shots in roughly 2.5 seconds... but he has an iron stomach and is just a ridiculous alcoholic so w.e

There was a party this weekend and a guy got really really drunk. He got into a fight with a girl, she pushed him and he slapped her. after he did that he left and went outside and cried for a long time :dunno:

14. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I'd be alot closer to saying that something was wrong with you if you've never gotten drunk and cried.

15. nikkostarr5

nikkostarr5 New Member

I had a guy friend who got hystierical once after getting really really drunk, it was kinda scary how uspet he got, but since alcohol is a depressant its not abnormal that someone would cry.

16. otama

otama New Member

I guess the way I was raised, with four older sisters and with me being the only boy, my dad always instilled in me that boys don't cry.

The last time I cried was a month or two ago, and the time before that was years ago. I had finally gotten the strength to confront the youngest of my four sisters for the stuff she did to me over 25 years ago. I cried my eyes out that night and as much as it felt good, what hurt me even more is when she denied it. She had the nerve to tell me that I was making it up and accusing her of something that never took place. I can still remember vivid details about everything, and for her to tell me that I was basically lying and that she would never do that to me, has pushed me even further away from her and the rest of my family. I think that is where my unannounced negative feelings for females comes from, and why my relationships always end as a result of me turning into an ass, but that is for another thread.