I got an update on my repair...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Pineapple Devil, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

I was looking at my amex card and noticed that they charged me the $49 for the phone support but they shouldnt have b/c they couldnt fix it over the phone. I called in to get it credited back to me, they said it would take 1-2 billing cycles for the credit :rolleyes: I went ahead and asked if they could give me an update on what the problem was and how long it would take. They said the logic board is having to be replaced but its on backorder and it should be in by the end of the week.

If they are replacing the logic board, would they have to replace the processor too? Maybe bump me up from 1.5 to 1.67ghz? Would this replace effect my hard drive info?

2. clog

clog NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!11

Am I missing somehting? As long as you are still under warranty, you should not be charged for a tech call regardless if it was solved or not? I called apple tech thousands of times ( @ work :o ) and sometimes the product was out of warranty, but they still took the time to talk to me and tell me what the problem could possibly be. all free too :dunno: Apple tech support has been hads down great.

3. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

nope. if you are outside of teh 90 day phone support they charge you $49 to solve it on the phone and if they cant, if its under the hardware warranty, they fix it when you send it in

4. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

yay!

its "in repair -begin testing" now

5. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

w00t w00t!

status is "ready to ship"

if they use the overnight shipping like they did to get it to them, i should have it back tomorrow

6. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

good. they changed the status to "ready to ship" today so it should be in enough time to catch the morning pick up to be here tomorrow :wiggle: