I got a ram question, help would be greatly appriciated

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by zerocool563, Mar 10, 2005.

1. zerocool563

zerocool563 New Member

Ok i just recently bought and built a new computer, well mostly, the motherboard, processor, graphics card, and case, are all new, the only things that arent are the memory, the optical, and hard drives. As far as memory goes right now ive got 2x256 pc2700 chips, and it worked fine about a year ago, but now i need more, so frys electronics(i hate the store but it was a good deal) had a pretty good price on corsair value select 512 pc3200, so i figure what the hell, ill pick some up, long story short, i put it in my computer, booted, got a nice long beep, and then nothin. so i tried a couple different configurations, and didnt get nuthin, so i finally just pulled out my 2 256's and put in the 512, finally got it to boot, however about 30 seconds into windows loading all my programs, it would freeze, finally i decided to skrew it and pulled it out, put my old stuff back in, and now im here.

The question(i kno what youre thinkin, finally) is, is there any way to use all 3 sticks together, i would really like a gig, without having to deal with frys return policys ya kno, any help would be greatly appriciated, thanks.

Mobo: DFI LANPARTY nF4 Ultra-D
    Graphics Card: Radeon X600
    Proccesor: AMD 64 3500+

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

all memory needs to match on that system... so return the memory to frys (they're no-hassle returns, usually) then go to www.newegg.com and buy the memory there.

fry's is your mistake.

3. zerocool563

zerocool563 New Member

lol thats what i was thinkin, thanks for the prompt response, i found a gig of 3200 on newegg for pretty cheap, 105 for the corsair value select, so i think ill do that, thanks for the help again man :)