MIL I got a question for you guys(and gals)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by striker79, Jul 15, 2005.

1. striker79

striker79 I'm a big hair pimp

My cousins father died on the fourth of this month and they had the service yesterday.My question we know he was in the navy but as we were talking everyone had varying story's of where he was at what time or what ship he was one.So is there a way to look that up or do i have to be immediate family.

2. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Have his family call his command.

3. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

You might be able to find some info in the buddy finder section of Military.com(it searches through the DODs public records, im sure there is another way of getting to them but this is the easiest I know of). Hope this helps a lil.

4. striker79

striker79 I'm a big hair pimp

As far as i can tell nobody knows that much about his career in the military and the story's vary greatly.It's not so much that i need to know as much a curiosity i think his daughter (my cousin) is content with the story's he told her as a child and far be it from me to press her to find the true or ruin her fathers memory but I'm constantly fascinated by story's of people who lived in that generation so it would be interesting to know what he did in the service.