I go to the gym twice a day, everyday.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Shazbot, Sep 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shazbot

Shazbot OT Supporter

[Sorry if I should've posted this in training logs, this is my first thread in this section of OT.]

Once in the morning, once in the evening. I do 30 minutes of cardio (Precor, elliptical machine, and the bike, usually) each time I am there.

On Saturday and Sunday, in addition to one hour of cardio, I do a 45-minute-to-1 hour total body workout, where I exercise around 5 groups of muscles. I do many different exercises, 4 sets of each, 15 reps each set.

I eat 5 times a day, starting at 7a.m. and ending at 7p.m. My meals are small and spaced out 3 hours each. I do not eat carbs after 3p.m. I am allowed one cheat meal a week, which is the same size as my normal meals, but a food that I would not normally eat in this diet.

My trainer is NASM certified and has a degree in physiological science from UCLA, as well as a D.C. licensed chiropractor. I pay her nothing, because she is my sister.

I am 23-years-old. I am 6'3. I weigh 371.5 pounds. My BMI is 48.5. My ultimate goal weight is 220. My immediate goal weight is 250.

This is me 9 months ago, standing next to Bill Walsh. I think I'm heavier now than I was then, but I don't really want to take a new picture:

[​IMG]

I have realized that if I don't do something about my weight now, I won't live for very much longer, and I will never live a happy life.

I began my journey two weeks ago.

:wavey:

2. Grouch

Grouch Guest

A winner will be you.

3. Grouch

Grouch Guest

And tell nukegoat to give you his crunkers, he doesnt use them anymore anyways.

4. Shazbot

Shazbot OT Supporter

Thanks. I am determined to make it happen, more so than I have ever been.

5. Shazbot

Shazbot OT Supporter

What are crunkers?

6. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

Why don't you eat carbs after 3pm?
    Why don't you eat after 7pm?
    Why in God's name would you do two sessions of cardio instead of lifting during one of them?
    Why would you do a full body workout twice a week, then put the two days right next to each other?
    Why would you do all of your sets using the same number of reps?

EDIT: BTW, you seem extremely dedicated, I just think there are some things that could be changed to help you on your journey.

7. Shazbot

Shazbot OT Supporter

I lift weights as an extension of cardio, not to build muscle mass (although I wouldn't be disappointed if some muscles were there when I lose weight as a result :o).

I go to sleep around 10p.m., so eating 3 hours after 7p.m. would be a bad idea, just because my body won't be digesting it while I sleep. I take in roughly 1200-1500 calories a day, so my diet is sufficient.

I stopped eating carbs after 3p.m. on the advice of my sister, when I told her that I was serious and wanted to see better results (although, it really wasn't possible to see more results this quickly, at that point being 1 week into this program).

I take all of my advice from my sister. Working out is like breathing to her. So I follow every instruction she gives me. And unless I read something on here in response to my training regimen that is fully explained and makes 100% sense as to why I should be doing otherwise, I probably won't change it unless she tells me to.

And thanks for your final comment. I'm going to need a lot of support through this.

8. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Your sister sounds knowledgeable. I'm interested in making an appointment for a training session with her. Do you have pics of her to prove that she knows how to take care of her own body?

;)

9. Mojo

Mojo New Member

i think your going to be overtraining :dunno:
    everyday, 2 visits and only taking in 1500cals per day???

im not an fitness professional but ask your sis if it would be best to do the weight lifting on a weekend and a weekday so there is a 2-day split where you will lift before hitting cardio. muscles need recovery as well.

better yet, split your entire routine so you work on 2-3 muscle groups every other day along with cardio? current routine seems a little extreme imo

whatever you and your sis choose to go with, i wish you goodluck.

10. Maverik60

Maverik60 New Member

1200-1500 calories for someone who ois 300pounds is hardly enough? is it not like under feeding? even if he is losing weight?

11. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

I would space out your meals so that one of them is taken in right before dinner. The "body doesn't digest while sleeping" myth is complete bullshit. Your body needs a source of energy when it is sleeping just like when it is awake. The same thing with carbs. Your brain prefers complex carbohydrates as a fuel source.

12. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

Two 30-minute cardio sessions a day is not anywhere close to being remotely considered overtraining.

13. Placebo

Placebo New Member

It seems like everyone on the interweb thinks they are overtraining. Work your ass off and keep at it and this time next year you will be a broly.

14. Neo22

Neo22 OT Supporter

Your sister is a retard and needs to be dropped off a hanglider

15. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

good luck brah :cool:

16. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

I would say your regime is pretty crappy if you want to lose weight. Do less reps with heavier weight, and lift weights 3 times a week.

As far as I can tell theres no advantage to spacing out your meals evenly unless it helps you eat less total calories.

And honestly, I wouldnt be suprised if your metabolism was a bit shot because you take in too few calories. You can fuck yourself up if you eat too little. I'm cutting on more than 1500 calories/day and I weigh about 250lbs less than you. But thats something you should probably talk to your doctor or someone who is more familiar with dieting in terms of obese people, because I have limited knowledge at best in the subject.

If you have the dedication though the rest of it is easy.

17. grampositivecocci

grampositivecocci New Member

thank you for taking time out to waste ours

now shutup

Ask your sister about PSMF

18. AznRyda

AznRyda キモかわいい!

Try a PSMF. I think it's better than the plan you have going on right now. Read up about it.

19. grampositivecocci

grampositivecocci New Member

www.bodyrecomposition.com

psmf is intended for people who are at a great risk to their health due to weight problems.... It's intended to get you out of that danger zone as quickly as possible whilst maintaining as much lbm as possible.

20. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

I know that lots of obese people are on PSMF, is Shazbot? Or does his trainer/sister have him on something else?

My bet is that hes NOT on PSMF, and he should talk to someone knowledgable about getting on a diet thats going to help instead of hurt.

21. houseofdon

houseofdon Simplify Moderator

:rofl:

Either you are struggling with simple math, or you are cutting when you way approx. 120 lbs.

Either way, you have failed.

22. Grouch

Grouch Guest

hahaha thats the funny part he does weigh about 120 lbs

23. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

what is your big 3?

24. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

Admit it- youre attracted to me.

25. Grouch

Grouch Guest

just a little bit.

now lets get in some heated on topic debate so I have something to think about when im wacking it later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.