MMA I get to corner a fight this weekend

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by The Ripper, Jan 22, 2009.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

My freinds fighting one of Bens ATT buddys. I forget the guys name but hes a BJJ black belt and I think he has rank in Judo as well. Cant wait to go to this event.

2. CallSecurityNow

CallSecurityNow OT Supporter

is it local?

3. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

sarasota or tampa I forget which one

4. miek

miek New Member

have you ever cornered before?

seems like a cool gig :coold:

5. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah Ive been a corner for a couple of fights, I have my secounds licence with the florida state boxing commision. Im a pretty decent cutman, I learned how to do all the cutman stuff a long time ago when I was helping out at a boxing gym and Im not stitch or anything but I can get the job done and have been able to stop most of the cuts Ive come across with one exception but that bitch was huge.

Im really good inbetween rounds because I usually know what to tell guys inbetween the rounds to make them perform better, even if I have to lie to them lol. My freind wasnt doing to hot in this one fight and he came back to me and I bassically lied through my teeth, "man you made this guy respect your power with that one shot you got, he was cringing in pain and let up for a secound. You put the fear in him so get a little more aggresive with him and he will respect your power and start being more weary of you"

The guy ended up knocking out the other guy and the guy was way better. He didnt have that great of a chance but he had ko power so it worked out haha.

6. VulgarTheClown

VulgarTheClown A child and a gun.....go together like apple pie a

What is the name of the event? Name of your fighter? Name of my fighter? Amy or Pro?

7. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Dont know the event name, guy fighting is Brent Carraway. Pro MMA and hes fighting Nicolae Cury I think?

8. VulgarTheClown

I know Brent.

Nice guy.

Should be a good fight.

Unless brent has changed his focus of training he is gonna have a hard night.

9. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah lol

10. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

so yeah tomorrow is the weigh in and I get out of work at 7 am and will be driving to sarasota at 11am. WERD LYFE. Im going to have a freind of mine thats a photographer take some pics for you guys.

11. VulgarTheClown

in for pics

12. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

im just interested to see how this whole sorted event is going to turn out, this mofo needs to stop taking fights on 3 weeks notice and needs to stop grappeling grapplers ....

13. VulgarTheClown

You will always be what you are.

14. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

word Im going to try and see if I can convince him to kick box the shit out of him by friday. He started training with some "mma" guys and he has this whole ground and pound crap in his head now. I was sparring with him on sat and he kept trying to use a double leg on me and it wasnt working and I kind of hinted hey maybee if the double leg isnt working on me it might not work on a top tier judoka/bjj guy.

Hes a stubborn guy and I love him to death but hes getting to old for this shit and prepares for fights like hes an 18 year old kid.

15. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

no one made weight, other guy weighed in a secound time and made 171 we got there like 2 hours late and on the first weigh in my guy made 172.5 and got to 171 in 30 mins

16. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

That sounds like this is failboat. It's really up to them what they will take into the ring or listen to you at the end of the round if he makes it. I like to see fighters who actually listen to their corner instead of going for something else. I'll never forget when I was helping out my buddy in his last BJJ comp and I was telling him holes I seen in the other guy and told him to put his knee on the guys belly and get mount and he ended up getting swept doing something else. He was pretty choked about losing and when I asked if he could even hear me or Adam, and he was like yeah... :rofl: I am never negative with friends so I tried to find the silver lining, but fuck he had that guy.

17. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah he lost, the guy was really good he got him with an uchimata and when it went to the ground it was epic failz. The guys transitions were super quick he ended up taking his back and was baiting him with a rear naked choke to set up for an arm bar, and my guy took the bait and got arm barred. The guy was easily the best fighter at the event.

In terms of stand up my guy had him his footwork wasnt good but he is till new at it so Im sure he is going to fix that within his next couple of fights. The guy had some freakish range to. Got to watch big hurt fight to and I was joking around with him and Din Thomas before his fight. Big hurt made the guy they brought out from vegas look like a women. no offense hilldog