SRS I get the butterflies when I see or talk to my ex...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Dorn, May 8, 2007.

1. Dorn

Dorn New Member

Long story short, a lot of shit happened back in January and February between us, she cut off contact, I eventually moved on and started talking to another girl for the past month.

However, about three weeks ago, my ex came into work to bring in my house key she still had. When she brought it in, she started crying when she was talking to me because "it was difficult to see me." She ended up texting me last weekend while I was in San Diego to see how I was doing down there and everything, and we were texting each other on my drive back all Sunday night.

This past Tuesday, we talked for well over two hours on the phone, and it was fun. We laughed, we joked, we talked like we used to. Same thing on Thursday, but we only talked for half an hour or so.

This past Friday, we went out to grab dinner and talk about things that happened. We didn't talk about them though, we just hung out and again, laughed and joked around. However, the entire time I had the butterflies I got when we first started talking last year. Tonight, same thing when we talked briefly on the phone. Friday after dinner she gave me a huge hug and sent me a text shortly after saying she had a lot of fun, and sent me another one the next day saying she had fun.

I never missed her the past 3 months. I was happy away, I was happy going out with my friends. I didn't think about her at all. Even now, I don't necessarily miss her or miss what we had. It's more I see her and talk to her and connect so easily, I like her and get those butterflies. As far as I'm concerned, the past is the past and what happened can't be changed. I fucked up a lot, and I learned from it and learned a lot in the process.

I don't know what to do. I feel the exact same way I did last year when we first started talking. I didn't mind if we didn't talk, but I wanted to talk with her and I wanted to hang out with her and I liked her. I'm torn right now because I know it's my ex.

EDIT: Just to clarify a few things. The other girl is basically out of the picture. I got sick of her insecurities and stopped responding to any texts or calls from her. She was never decisive about things, always went back and forth on what she wanted from me, and it annoyed me. I've taken it upon myself to meet a lot of girls these past few months, which I did, none of them I really clicked with. This isn't "I can't find anything, so I like my ex again" thing.

Last edited: May 8, 2007
  2. Jadix

Jadix The Nice Guy

do what makes you happy, not whats "right". if you enjoy spending time with her, keep doing it?

3. HardTech

HardTech hungry

if being with her makes you happy, then why not be with her?

maybe she has the same feelings as well?

and I'm in modesto too :wavey:

4. SixSecrets

SixSecrets New Member

Finally a thread I can relate to. I am going thru the same thing.
    First time we saw each other in about a year, we had dinner and sat in his car and talked for 5 hours.
    Next time we had a quick coffee, then just recently we had dinner and sat in his car and talked from 6pm to 6am. We had a lot of personal things to talk about, and we examined those things as well as every topic under the moon, or so it seemed. We are wary of one another.
    Yes, I had the butterflies en masse, and yet we slipped into our comfort zone we talked with ease and we laughed and had fun.
    Ya, I love him still, and yes, he said he still had feelings for me, but, when we broke up it crucified me and I don't/can't go thru that again and I am so afraid and it caused him grief as well and each of us independently ended up seeing a shrink.
    We don't touch or make any physical contact. He did however give me a gift.
    He is gone for a month to another country to work, and I am using the time to examine what to do about him, because frankly I don't know, he is known to wander like a stray alley cat and has major issues.
    I feel the same way you do and I wonder if I am just liking what I remember of the good times or if indeed, we are really meant to be together.
    I'm leaning toward the just stay away from him side, regardless of what my heart says, how much fun we have together and how we "click".
    When you've got it figured out, let me know.

5. Neelz

Neelz Guest

The best thing is to keep moving, if you do not match it will not work, when it will not work, it means you are fucked up, when you are fucked up no progress, look for a gal have some fuck and keep moving. You need to relax.

6. Limited Edition

Limited Edition New Member

Did you ask for the key back?

7. Dorn

Dorn New Member

Yeah. I had forgotten she had it.

8. Dorn

Dorn New Member

I'm not sure what her feelings are to be honest with you. She's talked about hanging out more, but that's about it.

Where in Modesto?

9. bobomb

bobomb no torque, no care OT Supporter

I'm doing the same thing right now man. Unfortunately if she "cut contact" with you out of nowhere before, she'll probably do it again. But fuck it man, just do whatever you want and enjoy life.

10. Dorn

Dorn New Member

No, it wasn't out of nowhere at all. Like I said, a lot of shit happened in January and February between us, and we both kept saying maybe it'd be better if we stopped talking, but couldn't do it. In February, we got in two huge fights in two straight nights, and I absolutely went off on her the second night, then went off on her the next day again, saying some things I highly regret now.

11. HardTech

HardTech hungry

Oakdale and Briggsmore. Soon to be Bay area :wiggle:

if you're not sure of her feelings, then hang out some more and be sure of her feelings, as well as your own

12. Enjoy the feeling, I would love to have that feeling again.

13. Dorn

Dorn New Member

:eek3: I could probably throw a rock and hit you. The apartments by OSH I'm guessing?

EDIT: If that Uno's Bar and Grill is built before you leave, we should have a Modesto meet and call Rebs. I'm not even sure if it'll be done before I leave though. :hs:

14. HardTech

HardTech hungry

Yeah, by OSH. Where are you?

got AIM? hit me up

15. Dorn

Dorn New Member

Right off of Orangeburg and Oakdale, right behind the surgery center over here.