SRS I get really pissed off at the people around me...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by slowbird, Jul 31, 2008.

1. slowbird

slowbird I am the son, and the heir, of a shyness that is c OT Supporter

Everyone makes me fucking angry...I don't really know why. It's like, whether it's something they say or something they do that annoys me, I just stew over it for a while until something sets me off. And then they start yelling back and it becomes a huge fight and I never want to fucking speak to them again. I just want to move into a single-room apartment and only speak to people when absolutely necessary. I just don't understand why I get so upset over stupid shit.

:mad:

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Is something going on in your life in general that is making you unhappy or are you really saying you are happy in general and just get upset at people for no reason. I somehow doubt it's the latter.

3. slowbird

well my life as a whole is pretty average/crappy. but nothing serious is going on, I don't know anybody who is dying or sick, nothing's been stolen, I don't have a ton of debt...

the only thing that's going on is that my stupid friend and his stupid fiance are living in my house because they don't have cars and their shitty jobs don't pay enough to get a place, so I have to drive them around and deal with them in general. oh and my mom is an overbearing worry freak, and I have to pay 2/3rds of my money to her so we can keep this shitty house that we are just now able to get fixed up a little bit. :o

okay, and my job is unskilled labor with little/no room for advancement, and I'm good at taking tests but have no real-world skills.

edit: and I'm out of shape but not completely fat, but I have no energy most of the time and get random pains that I cannot explain.

4. no lol today

no lol today Soy la bailarina de la muerta. OT Supporter

Well, that doesn't sound like any fun.

Not healthy for you. Your feelings are rational. Make change or it's all going to continue.

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

My suggestion would be to hit the gym, that way you can express and convert the negativity in weightlifting and get some positive muscles out of it, you'd blow some steam so that way you won't be so easily angry anymore.

Second suggestion would be to goto school, and get some decent usefull diploma's to give an extra stimulus to your life, and some long term goals to focus on.

6. slowbird

both of those sound like good ideas...it's just a matter of whether or not I do them :o I tend to find excuses for things so I can avoid changing my routine.

I started taking walks at lunchtime to work my way up to some kind of exercise plan, ironically around the same time that I freaked out at work and started yelling and punching shit. (My co-workers are an ok bunch, but they tend to poke fun and don't know when to let it drop, which gets me pissed off real quickly.) That was the first of about three bursts of rage in the past two weeks. :hs:

7. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

I've heard plenty of times and I believe it's true that when I point a finger at someone else, there are 3 more pointing right back at me and that's where the real problem is.

So work on bettering yourself, figure out what you want to accomplish in life and stop blaming other people for your lack of success. It's nobody's fault but your own and you can totally choose to change it.

If you don't have money for school, go to the library everyday and study the books there. You may laugh at this suggestion but it's totally possible to study a business and find out what they need and how to help them and then start tying to help....they will pay you for this.

8. Darketernal

The bad thing about routines tho is that they make your life go in circles, although that provides stability it also makes you stay in one place. :hsd:

So its time for some positive constructive changes around your life, Giving yourself an exuse now on why you should not do it will make you only unhappy in the long run. When you need to do things you need to do them immediatly. Also, im not anti-OT or anything but you could definitly spend less time on OT and focus only on doing things that actually get you forward in life.

There are only three directions in life, down where death lies, stay where you are and go in circles, or up where an improved life lies ahead, the first 2 are worthless and lead to nowhere, this is important because it means you can set the course of your life, to the only direction that is valuable ,namely upwards towards into progress. It doesn't matter from there on wether you win or lose in life, you simply keep on following the positive course, that way you can ALWAYS be confident no matter what happens, because you know that going for gold in your life is the only right way to live.

If change was just a thought, then anyone could do it. But reality is that you can't just sit around feeling miserable for yourself and the situation you are in while being punched in the face by the reality of life. Those thoughts of change, can't become real if you just sit around feeling sorry for yourself, if you want to change then why would you stay in a state of paralyzation? If that happens it means you do not want to change, you are simply waiting for the world and people to change around you as you see fit, therefore

Without walking, there's no way to move forward, you'll just end up waiting.

9. Chuck

Chuck New Member

Yep, I also recommend the gym. You can unleash the fury you're feeling and live longer by doing so.

10. no lol today

Same problem as my fiance. He leaves work a lot to avoid breaking things that will make him completely unwelcome there.

How much do you socialize? What thoughts race consistently through your head? Is it the fact that people around you trigger those same thoughts to repeat after you work so hard to make 'em stop what makes you so angry?

11. slowbird

socialize, almost never. I always prefer to keep to myself. When I go to a public place it's pretty much a non-stop mental exercise, wondering what other people are thinking about me, or how to avoid getting unwanted attention.

Example: I like to go into the toy section at Walmart and look at the Hot Wheels/diecast cars, but I think the cashier will think it's strange that I am an adult and still like toys, so I usually don't buy any of them. :hsd:

Or when people say things in a conversation, I will overanalyze them and try to figure out if they had any hidden meanings. And if I overhear somebody spreading gossip, I assume they're talking about me :o not that I think I am that important, but I just feel like the biggest target for criticism.

I realize this type of thinking is irrational...but I can't figure out how to make myself stop thinking these thoughts.

12. slowbird

One thing that usually keeps me from trying new things is the long track record I have for failure. :o It seems that bad decisions and poor planning goes along with everything I do, and anything I may succeed at, I do so purely by accident.

13. no lol today

If I were you I'd talk to county mental health. Get 'em on the phone & they'll help you make a list of to do's & see what there is you can get started with. Find someone to talk to first. Just ask them who you can talk to on the phone about paranoia. Tell them you feel like you're losing control of your mind & see what questions they ask. There's no obligation to DO anything if you're just talking on the phone.

If you can stand pursuing a diagnosis I say you should go for it. I know all you want to do is get away from being who you've been, but a diagnosis is a tool for you. If a doc wants to shove pills down your throat tell 'em to fuck themselves & find one that will just help get a diagnosis. They're not trying to get anything out of you, it's YOU that's using THEM!

Excessive paranoia can take you bad places fast.

14. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Would it help to let you know I still pick up toys every chance I get? Heck I picked up 3 cool diecast cars recently and now they're sitting proudly on my desk. Nothing strange at all...

The idea is this...you are the victim of your own actions. You can blame all the other circumstances in your life, but really, when it comes down to it, it's all your own attitude about it that determines your success.

I have a friend that's a good example. You can say a lot of shit has happened to him in his life, he's been laid off several times in the past few years, he broke up with a long time girlfriend, etc. But every time I see him he's the most cheerful and positive guy I've ever met. He's the type of guy that would decide he wanted to go to Europe today and he'd just get up and leave. No plans...nothing. (He did just that...he packed a bag, flew off, rented a bike up there and hoofed it cross country)

Is he ok? Sure, he loses one job, shrugs it off and goes of and hunts down another. Is this luck/badluck or is it his attitude that determines how he's moving on with his life?

The next time you come to a point where you're angry and feel like you're the victim of circumstance, perhaps take a step back and see how you might alter your approach and see if there's a different effect. Remember the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result.

15. Darketernal

Persistance is the key to succes.There is no failure except in no longer trying.There is no honour in giving up. There is no defeat except from within, no really insurmountable barrier save our inherent weakness of purpose.

There are only three directions in life, down where death lies, stay where you are and go in circles, or up where an improved life lies ahead, the first 2 are worthless and lead to nowhere, this is important because it means you can set the course of your life, to the only direction that is valuable ,namely upwards towards into progress. It doesn't matter from there on wether you win or lose in life, you simply keep on following the positive course, that way you can ALWAYS be confident no matter what happens, because you know that going for gold in your life is the only right way to live.

If change was just a thought, then anyone could do it. But reality is that you can't just sit around feeling miserable for yourself and the situation you are in while being punched in the face by the reality of life. Those thoughts of change, can't become real if you just sit around feeling sorry for yourself, if you want to change then why would you stay in a state of paralyzation? If that happens it means you do not want to change, you are simply waiting for the world and people to change around you as you see fit, therefore

Without walking, there's no way to move forward, you'll just end up waiting.