SRS I get anti-social a lot, v. not a confidence thing

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jadix, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Jadix

Jadix The Nice Guy

I just get tired of everyone. I dont know exactly what it is, but sometimes I just want to get away from everyone. I dont really have problems holding conversations with people if I want to, but sometimes i just dont want to. Ill get into these moods for days or sometimes weeks at a time. It hurts my friends sometimes, not enough for them to say something, but I can tell they realize something is wrong.

I get depressed about wierd things. I notice so many problems with the world around me, so many misunderstandings turned to something worse, fallacies in people, peers acting stupid, etc etc. I guess it seems the people around me dont care about anything that I think is important. Everybody focuses on worthless things ( like styles, the latest trends, parties) and it gets to me after awhile.

I am very good at meeting woman when im in a certain mood. Other times they talk too much. Its like every moment has to be social in some way. Someone has to be making a joke, or telling the most interesting story ever, or whatever. Why cant I find a S.O. that can sit down and listen to an album without saying anything? Why does every encounter have to BE something? Why cant we just chill?

does this make any sense?

2. solarian

solarian ya heard

i feel you man. i get in some of these moods, but only because i moved up to sacramento away from everyone i know, and all the people i meet, all they do is party, and do drugs or drink. it also seems like everyone is different up here, nothing like where im from.

the best thing to do is just push yourself to go out even if you dont really want to. and if your friends are like that, try finding new ones that have similar interests.

3. BlueJeans

BlueJeans Money For Nothing

Sounds a bit bipolar? When you are up, a bit manic, you roll and the world looks great. You can chat the ladies, sex drive is up, the world's your oyster. Then you crash, depression sets in, loose the drive, world looks not so rosy and you withdraw and sink within yourself.

Keep on truckin. :)

4. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

wow i know exactly what you're talkin about. sometimes i get like that too..

and then i have a couple of drinks and it all goes away!! am i an alcoholic if i require a few drinks to feel happy?

5. will2

will2 New Member

This is first post i've ever really felt like replying to because it echoes so true to my sentiment of the world around me. Would you consider yourself an introvert?
    For me I can be very outgoing, self-assured and outwardly accommodating to people but after a while I become apathetic and intolerant to what I consider to be meaninless talk or action making me require time to myself.
    From my experience, I think that best thing is to make sure you associate with people, friends who realise you may deal with things differently to others and at times you require your own space, time to think. You can exacerbate the problem though if you get away from people too much, just take small steps and make more of an effort to go out doing the kind of things you want to do rather than following the crowd. You obviously enjoy socializing so invite your friends to an enviroment which is more conducive to a pertinent conversation.
    Lastly, If your friends do notice something is wrong it's probably an idea to talk to them about it, not necessarily all of them but one or do that you do implicitly trust so then when you do feel as you do at least you have a pillar of support.

6. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

:werd: This is a lot more than just being an introvert. Introverts want a few hours a day of quiet time, not days or weeks of it.

7. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

how often does this happen?

8. Volmunikz

Volmunikz New Member

You are not bipolar. It is common for people to feel the way you do. I honestly believe that this is a phase that you are going through because you haven't fully accepted the fact of the things you are feeling or have been noticing.

The world is fucked up, and many people are useless to associate yourself with; but then again you shouldn't think of it like that. Especially all the females that your interacting with maybe they are just not worth your time. There definately are S.O. out that they can just "chill" but you probably looking in the wrong areas.

Also you said you can tell that your friends notice that your mood changes every so often-- maybe its only right to share with them alittle bit that these days your mood is just fucked up and it has nothing to do with them and let them understand that they can't help (because they can't).

There is no point to talk to anyone or any of your friends... but in doing so you are able to learn from others and love the idea of individuality. No one is like you and sometimes people might not like you as much, but they respect you and enjoy your company or just the idea that you are somewhat in their life... life is short try not to be so hard on it especially knowing that its already so hard.

9. Jadix

Jadix The Nice Guy

Thanks for all your replies. My friends are great, i love them. They know me very well, and they understand its nothing personal.

Im 21, im in college, and my entire town is completely college kids. There are no adults around, so nobody acts like one. I enjoy it as much as the next guy, but its overwhelming sometimes.

I dont really "consider myself" an introvert, though now that I think about it I do have many of those qualities. I like to think a lot, and I like being alone, but at the same time I love being with my friends and talking with them. There are certain types of people that I connect extremely well with, and others that i just dont i guess.

I've heard that I'm bi-polar before, but Im not so sure. Either way im not going to be seeking drugs or a psychiatrist so it doesn't matter how you diagnose it really.

10. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Im the same way. Im pretty social most of the time, but sometimes I just want to be left alone for a few days or a few weeks.

11. IHAVECRABS

IHAVECRABS Diversity is our strength. LOLOL

damn...i do the exact same shit.

12. theReal2man

theReal2man New Member

agreed

13. VladTemplar

VladTemplar New Member

Well I'm new, but I'll start somewhere.

I'm the same way when it comes to being alone. I've been pretty much relaxing in my dorm room for most of this month all by myself. I really don't know many people in the dorm, but then again all they do is drugs, drink, and fuck. Really that gets old to me, the internet is far more intellectual engaging (if you know good forums or people to talk to) than most college parties ever will be. Not to mention how much money those kids kill every night on going out to drink.

Don't get me wrong, I went to the store today and picked up a couple 6-packs and a bottle of rum, but that's a good amount of alcohol for me. The kids here would spend 2 or 3 times what I spent in a single.

14. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

It's called depression. Chemical imbalance that is set into a wacky flow by some chain of events, weather, season, etc. Get on an SSRI (zoloft, lexapro, etc) and see if it helps. I lived the same way for years, and while you may not think it's that big of a deal (which I doubt, since you made a thread about it), living without that feeling is 100x better.

15. Jadix

Jadix The Nice Guy

Im not doing drugs to solve this. thanks anyway.

Drinking is a drug, and a dangerous one. People OD on it all the time. Fucking gets old, but you're in college. I recommend fucking in college. ;-)

The internet is extremely intellectually engaging. Its the "Window of knowledge". However, as great as that is, its not a replacement for human contact. You know most people in college aren't bothered by someone at a party who doesn't drink? If you're social, people dont give a fuck. And if you're worried about the money, going to parties is a great way to drink for free.

I understand your feelings about wanting to relax by yourself. Solitude isn't such a bad thing after all.