MIL I fucking did it, I AM A UNITED STATES MARINE

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Accord, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Accord

Accord New Member

I'm back guys, I just graduted from platoon 2024 2nd Bn E Co. at Parris Island yesterday. My drill instructors were Senior Drill Instructor Staff Sergeant Perez, Drill Instructor Staff Sergeant Damren, Drill Instructor Staff Sergeant Robinson, and Drill Instructor Sergeant Pearson. I did it, I AM A UNITED STATES MARINE I can't even f***ing believe it. This whole thing has been so surreal, on Thursday when my senior drill instructor stepped in front of me and placed that Eagle, Globe, and Anchor in my hand and said "Congratuations Marine" i'm not going to lie, I started crying, my life long dream and it came down to that very moment. Between Thursday receiving my Eagle, Globe, and Anchor and becoming a United States Marine and yesteday marching across the parade deck in an epic Parris Island graduation ceremony, I could not be any happier right now.

Whoever sent me that Air Force shirt can go die in a fucking fire, the pain and suffering you caused me was insane, I wore it during during the new 72 hour crucible and was never allowed to wash it afterwards, my senior said he was going to mail it back to the person who sent it with the shirt all nasty but there was no return address on the box. But it was good times and on TD 69 all the DI's laughed about it with the plt during the impersonations haha, it was good times and i'm going to have that shirt framed and put it on my wall.

We had 90 recruits on TD 1 and we graduated with only 58 original platoon members, 64 total including the pickups from MRP. The last 3 months of my life have been hell and Marine Corps boot camp was so much worse than I expected it to be but I think it depends on your drill instructors, mine were brutal sadistic SOB's but other platoons had DI's who weren't that bad at all, so I guess YMMV.

I am home now on 10 days of leave and you guys have no idea how weird this is for me, coming home last night in the airport in my charlies and actually being able to just walk around freely. The first thing I did was buy a snickers candy bar haha. I am reporting to SOI ITB at Camp Geiger on 17 April. I have been detached from reality and society for the past 13 weeks, I just found out today that Anna Nicole Smith died and Britney Spears shaved her head (she looks like a USMC recruit). I feel so weird right now, it's really hard adapting back to the real world after going through what I just went through for the past 3 months, I can't even imagine how hard it's going to be to adapt back to the real world after I come back from Iraq.

People have been asking me what boot camp was like, but I just don't know what to say or how to describe it, Parris Island is an insane place with chaos 24/7. It's bizarre, it's like not even real, it's like some 5th dimension quasi-alter universe or some shit. It is hell on earth and the things I went through I would not wish upon even my worst enemy. I have so much more to say about the hell i've just gone through that I don't even know where to begin, this was the best thing I have ever done and if I had to do it all over again I would do it in a heart beat, being a Marine is awesome and the hell I went through was so worth it.

Every platoon in bootcamp has 1 or 2 recruits who get fucked up so much more than everyone else, well in platoon 2024 I was that recruit thanks to some care packages with an Air Force shirt, goatse pictures, and everything else. I got the bigfodee treatment at bootcamp and then some, to say the least.

Before anyone asks for pictures, we hired a professional photographer for graduation and we'll be getting all the pictures back on Tuesday so i'll be posting a ton of them then.

I will say this, Marines are not made on the rapel tower, the pool, the crucible, o-course, confidence course, or any other shit or events like that, they're made inside the squadbays behind closed doors and all the Marines on here know what i'm talking about. When it got really bad for me I just kept saying to myself that same drill instructor will be the first one to shake my hand on graduation day. And I was right.

I am just at a loss for words right now, I have no idea what to even say. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Semper Fi.

PS. unban me from teh barracks you fuckers, I think i've fulfilled my end of the deal :rofl:

2. addiKt

addiKt i can has nanner NAO plz?

welcome..home?

3. wbarc

wbarc New Member

are you HIV p0sitive?

4. King Zarkon

King Zarkon New Member

The fuck?

5. Shapedoctor

Shapedoctor Omnivore, & Author of the Shapedoctor Manifesto

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Congratulations.

6. Trueno

Trueno Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs

in on 1

7. Infrastructure

Infrastructure New Member

you actually think bootcamp was worse than what you had expected? :rofl: Now that I look back on it, it wasnt shit....if you are in halfway decent physical shape you can make it, the rest was just bullshit mind fuck games.

8. spitfyre

spitfyre OT Supporter

congrats!

9. nuclear

nuclear OT Supporter

10. you know me

you know me OT where the douchbags play

congrads on being on the front line for dying for your country.

11. Live4USMC

Live4USMC New Member

Semper Fi broheem

12. 8BaLL

8BaLL New Member

13. cam0man

cam0man New Member

goatse and airforce shirt rofl

congrats though, man. I know for a fact I could never make it through that.

14. Mopar03

Mopar03 73-9 OT Supporter

congrats

15. Derek

Derek OT Supporter

16. Toodles

Toodles You are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the w OT Supporter

congratulations :coold:

and cliffs on the air force shirt?

17. mk3

mk3 77 PPTA

:cool: Congratulations Marine.

18. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

Grats on your accomplishment. Now be careful out there and kick some ass. :cool:

19. V

V Corrupt and Immoral

wow that sounds like a dream come true alright :hsugh:

20. thewise1

thewise1 Guest

:bowrofl: @ the air force shirt thing

21. jorgeva

jorgeva New Member

Congrats.

Do you want to kill someone now?

My friends who got out of Parris Island wanted to kill someone for months afterward.

22. you know me

you know me OT where the douchbags play

what happened with your little friend, tehking? did he pussy out like the faggot we all knew he was

23. Mugatu

Mugatu Ask me about market research. OT Supporter

:wavey: Congratualtions!

24. nugs

nugs Yea

Congrats! Much :love: to those who protect us

25. Gunnar

Gunnar Getting closer to HELL everyday. OT Supporter

In on one.

Edit; FUCK!!!!!!!!