MMA I fucked up my foot

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by JordanClarkson, Jul 1, 2006.

1. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

while sparring with a guy who seemed a lot bigger yesterday. I guess at this school wearing your headgear and thick shin pads in the ring means you want to go hard. I came out throwing some soft jabs thinking we were going to go soft since I had a fight the next day (actually I was taking this guy's place) and immediately got hit with a powerful cross right in the nose. From then on I treated it as a fight but was in pure survival mode. The best I did was land almost all of my round houses which seemed to hurt my partner good but now my right instep is now swollen and I can hardly walk. The kicks were only like 90% so I might've injured it while doing the bags beforehand.

So much for fighting tomorrow although realistically I don't think I'm quite ready for an all stand up fight (my instructor says 2-3 mo's). My sparring partner's front kicks were brutal (my ribs are a bit sore) but I took his round houses with ease. If he had to be weary of being taken down things would've been way different.

Do any of you guys who train at a "genuine" muay thai place ever do any rolling? I know the thai's are all about keeping their art pure so I'm afraid to even ask.

2. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

You in Thailand or something? Cause I know there is like one BJJ school there and I believe one of the instructors is a purple belt.

3. JordanClarkson

I'm in CA but the guy here seems very traditional

4. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

Just double leg him one day outa no where and put him in a RNC. And when he wakes up, ask him if he wants to roll or not. :bigthumb:

5. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

As far as ring fighting goes I doubt they ever roll... But traditional muay thai has throws, trips/takedowns, and some wrestling/grappling.

6. JordanClarkson

haha...I'll have to make sure my instructor isn't looking. :o

I know one guy there has done some BJJ, but he seems to pop in and out of the gym like 5 mins at a time :mamoru:

7. JordanClarkson

xrays negative. it's just a sprain :o