SRS I, for one, completely disagree with the notion of love/sex/relationships.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by CrispyGame, Jul 12, 2008.

1. CrispyGame

CrispyGame Stop staring at my avatar.

And I tend to get extremely uncomfortable when I observe even the slightest hint of a public display of affection, or any verbal conversation and/or body cue that hints at even the slightest form of sexual attraction. I find that particular aspect of life abhorrently revolting, for reasons I either can't rationalize, or could attempt to with embarrassing results.

Is this normal? OK, obviously it isn't. Is there any getting around it?

2. Mcgovlau

Mcgovlau Лоз Боз

You're like my friend. You just aren't interested in it. Nothing wrong with that really. I myself have no interest in sex what so ever and it's perfectly normal. I can't help you entirely because I love the whole "HOLD MY HAND IN PUBLIC BEEOTCH" thing, but I can tell you that there's nothing wrong with how you feel and that it's not abnormal. You just appreciate different things in life as opposed to others.

3. kackel champion

kackel champion faces always are changing lies and disguise for th

i can't stand pda's and don't like being affectionate around other people. i don't want them to do it to me, so i'm not going to do it to them.

i don't even like being that way if i'm hanging out at my house with my girl and there's other people around. shit's lame. she'll get her's when everyone leaves.

4. Mcgovlau

Mcgovlau Лоз Боз

^I can only be comfortable if I'm around people I don't know ha. The last guy I dated brought me flowers and stuff a while back in front of everyone and I HAD to kiss him. I was like fuggin fire engine red. However, when he took me out I was perfectly fine when he would be all like lovey.

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Its normal you'll get the ' this is nothing for me ' feeling when you see people doing this, you are probably introverted and don't allow many things into your world, with as a result that you miss out many experiences and feelings because you have a certain image in your mind to how the world should function, and if it doesn't function in that particular way you feel discomfort.

It is hard to start opening yourself up and saying 'well maby this is a part of how normal people are. You might have had bad experiences in this or a past life in which you've got seriously hurt when you expressed your feelings like that,which could be a reason why you want to block these feelings of affection out of your life because you associate them with pain/embarresment and therefore it becomes an alien concept to your life.

I also had to accept how narrow minded i was and unacceptant of anything in my life that didn't belong to 'my image of the world'.

In reality i was the one who needed more insight into the world, and in order to achieve that i needed to start to become open,accepting and all loving also for those feelings of affection that i blocked out of my life.

6. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

I'm the same way. I always feel uncomfortable around any talk of relationships/sex. I have very little interest in the topic already, and it bothers me how many problems arise from relationships and sex. It seems for every 1 relationship or sexual encounter that goes smoothly, there are 10 that turn into a big clusterfuck and end up with people I like being thrown out of our circle of friends, and the introduction of new people I don't like.

7. jim1234664

jim1234664 New Member

you guys are missing out on something very rewarding

you only live once...

8. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

its because relationships are trial and error.

now i know this is like the worst analogy, but im tired lol. Going through relationships is like going shopping for jeans, there are a shit ton of jeans, and you try them all on, its a long process if you want the perfect pair and not settle for less. So you find some that are too big, too long, too short, whatever, but you eventually find the perfect pair that you love and fits awesome and makes you feel great and makes your ass look amazing!;) Lots of trial and error and a lot of time sorting through the crap, but in the end you get something that you wouldn't trade for the world.

9. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Wow..you find something completely natural and normal, revolting?

That's too bad. I'm not sure what to tell you but I hope before you leave this world that you are able to see and experience the beauty and passion that comes from the other sex...or even the same sex, if you swing that way. :)

10. CrispyGame

Let's just say I swing neither way. And what you may consider to be beauty and passion, I consider a grotesque abomination.

11. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:o you do enjoy sex, though, right? and all that is involved? :noes: :o are you a light's off guy all the time? :noes:

i could say i was exactly like you. i hated pda's, and i could never hold an SO's hand in public simply because i thought it was weird.

well, i dated an amaaazing man, and all that changed. i'd kiss him anywhere i wanted, and hold his hand all the time. i guess the only explanation i can give to as why that all happened is that when the two of us were together, it didn't seem as though anyone else existed. :)

it's an amazing feeling. :) i hope you get to experience that one day.

12. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Your username fits.

13. Coottie

Wait, are you disgusted by the PDA or by the act? In other words, do you not find any affection appealing? Even if it's between you and your significant other and in private?

If so, seek professional help immediately.

14. Mcgovlau

Mcgovlau Лоз Боз

This is why I do drugs. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

15. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

So, hang on, you find the idea revolting or you just don't want to see others going for a pda because you're a grumpy old curmudgeon?

If it's the latter fair enough, but I'd be a little concerned if it was the former.

16. CrispyGame

Pretty much. I don't even agree with the idea of having a 'significant other'.

17. Alexqzilla

Alexqzilla New Member

Well, you can dislike it all you want, but not agreeing with it and finding it to be repulsive does in fact seem more than a little weird. Maybe you were born with bad instincts... I'm not trying to be mean, it's just that human beings (along with almost every other animal) are given the instinctual desire to find mates and reproduce, yet you find it to be absolutely disgusting.

On a better note, however, you at least don't have to experience all the frustration, stress and drama that comes with it. Still...

18. CrispyGame

If anything, I'd like to think we've developed a conscience beyond biological instinct.

19. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

That actually makes a whole lot of sense to me. :eek4:

20. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

Did you just discover nihilism?

21. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

interesting date of birth: February 14
    and choice of school: UCSB

22. CrispyGame

Coincidence (and the only thing that doesn't make me go absolutely fucking bonkers on that day) / I actually picked it due to the quality of the program (which seems to have been wasted).

23. Alexqzilla

Alexqzilla New Member

How do you figure? How is not having the desire to reproduce a good trait?

24. Coottie

Have you always been this way or is it something new?

Conscience?? What does having a conscience have anything to do with attraction/love/sex?

They aren't mutually exclusive....one can have a conscience and still get it on regularly.

25. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Well you know its a familiar concept to me. I think that some people want to live a lifestyle that's 'above' the human basic instincts and repulse anything that is an expression of lower instincts. Thats why such behaviour gets rejected.