SRS I focus my life around girls.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by tamiyaDrifter, Nov 10, 2005.

1. tamiyaDrifter

tamiyaDrifter Lurker

Hey all, I've never really posted anything in the Asylum before, I don't feel depressed or anything. I've just come to the realisation that I pretty much base my whole life off my interaction with girls and such. Is this a really bad thing?

Firstly, a little background info. I went to an all boys private school, and I associated with friends that were really into girls, and tried to get into school dances (grade 9+ only allowed, so we didn't go). I used to be really social, went to the movies etc went out on the weekends. Then when I chose to lose that group of friends, after a bad girl mishap (went out with a 'slut' and got the bad rap because of it), I moved onto a group of guys who liked girls but never really itneracted with them much. I feel this was the start of what has made me today. I didn't go to any more of those school dances for fear of going alone (because my friends were not interested) so I was out of the girl scene for about 3 years until I woke up and realised I had to get a date for my formal.

Unfortunately after 3 years out of knowing the girls that went to the 'sister school', I had no idea who anyone else was, and I had recently had the Internet connected at home so I used that to chat frequently. One day, a girl added me to MSN, and I found her MSN group and added a girl from the MSN group, and talked to her and the whole lot. Ended up taking her to my formal, and I was friendzoned because I never made my move. Anyway, while this was happening I had got my first part time job (yeah I was 17 and I didn't get one till my parents bought me a car, meh). This job had 2 girls I liked heaps but never plucked up the balls to ask them out, seeing as I had virtually no experience whatsoever.

Fast forward to the start of Uni, and I had picked out at least one girl from every class I was in to talk to. I never talked to any of the girls, and I had pretty much stopped watching TV and stuff I did in high school in favour of getting on the internet and chat rooms, due to my job (pizza delivery). I got a lot of random girls on my MSN and I talked to them about the girls at uni, and that's all I ever talked to them about (needed advice, plus there's not heaps to talk about to complete randoms on the net). After 4 semesters of looking at the girls and never talking to them, I was pretty annoyed at myself with all the "what if's".

During the 4 semesters at uni, I hardly talked to anyone, because I was afraid it might lessen my chances of being able to talk to that girl I really wanted to talk to, and I only really made one good friend at uni, who I now don't see often as the classes we took are different to each other now. I feel as though I can't get into the party scene at all at uni, because I live 40 minutes drive away from the uni, and as such I have not had any more than about 2 close friends and a few acquaintances since I started uni.

I spent my summer holidays working my ass off so that I can afford to upgrade my car every year (I like to modify my cars, but essentially a 'ricer' so I am saving up hard all the time so I can finally buy a nice car). During my 5th semester at uni, I met a really nice girl but she ended up having a boyfriend and essentially just used me for conversation during the tutes. It took me until this semester, to pluck up the balls and talk to a girl in my lecture. I did this, dated her and stuff, and now I'm dating her.

This has led to a breakdown of what's been happening all before in my life. I have been chasing for 3 years or more, now I've finally got it, I've got another void in my life, because I have been abandoning all my really good friends for the sake of chasing some girls.

Any advice?? :hsd: Just needed to get that out.

2. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

If your relationship ends, you are going to be left pretty low.

You need to take up some hobbies, make some new friends, and become an interesting dude. That way, if things do not work out with your current girlfriend you will at least have other things to keep you busy and possibly introduce you to some new girls. Also, if things DO work out, your girl will like you more because you have demonstrated that you have a life, and you can be an interesting guy for her.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Above poster said it correctly , you have to show you have a life of your own to live. Its never good to become spiritually dependant on something, wether its girls,food,drugs etc true nirvana comes to those who are spiritually independant loving and helping people.

4. tamiyaDrifter

tamiyaDrifter Lurker

I do up my cars, and I'm part of a few car clubs. I choose not to go out with girls from those car groups because a lot of them are just "car sluts". I think I did well going out with a girl from uni who has got me doing things that I used to be interested in, but I stopped doing when I had a group of friends who didn't go out much. It seems as though since meeting her I have become more outgoing, etc. The main activities in my life are, going to uni, working, messing around with cars and cruising (with mates in our cars) and she doesn't seem heaps interested in that stuff. By the way, all she seems to do is work and go to uni. She is pretty shy and stuff but always has something intersting to say (but it's mostly work related).

This topic came up really because she decided to work her ass off which results in me not being able to see her as much (we live an hour apart but work 5 mins from each other). I'm pretty sure she is still interested, but just needs the money and is taking advantage of the extra demand at work as it is a busy time. She's been talking about it for a while so it wasn't sudden. I guess I will just try and make more time for myself and friends, and not worry about my gf for a bit. If anything it should make her more interested, according to the asshole-girlsbeinginterested theory.

5. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

Good plan.

6. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

I didn't read all that, but if you think about it, a lot of men focus their actions around either power or sex appeal.

Money: To afford more toys and provide for our women.
    College: To be more intelligent to the opposite sex, have more power/control and make more money.
    Power: Dominance and superiority can be very attractive to women.

So basically, most of what we do is for the poon. :bowdown:

7. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

and ferraris

8. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

Ferraris...

Bring in the poon. :bowdown:

9. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

you can always make new friends
    but make sure the jon is worth it, as for your brother... talk to him about it

but i can kind of understand your situation. id do it

10. PoliticalPirate

PoliticalPirate New Member

Blame Evolution.

:wavey:

11. Helios

Helios New Member

Kotchy thats the exact same post in another thread...whatev.

Locarius hit it on the nail. Its good that you'll spend a bit of time apart its never good to be too overly focused on something. Just isnt healthy, the more you focus the bigger the void becomes if things dont go to plan.

12. Arclight

Arclight Hypercube

fASScinating

The great circle of poon.