GUN I firmly believe that liberalism is a mental disorder:

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Accord, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Accord

Accord New Member

yes, a new thread.

Liberal garbage posted on another forum that i'm a member on:

MY response to this idiot:

The idiot libtards response:
    I am truly baffled, the only word that comes to mind after reading that is "mindnumber." It is mindnumbing to me how people can be this stupid and actually think like this. I am not even sure that I will dignify his latest response with a reply of my own, clearly anything I say which doesn't involve bunny rabbits and pretty flowers goes in one ear and out the other. Logic, common sense, and basic reasoning are a foreign concept to liberals, a mental disorder is the only explanation.

2. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

Here is a little inside tip. The difference between a liberal mindset and a conservative mindset involves 2 things. Common Sense and emotions/logic.

The more liberal the mindset, the more emotion based it is. It doesn't matter facts or common sense because emotions are the driving force, overriding common sense and logic. When you get into a debate, you can use facts and statistics and common sense all you want but you are going up against someone who couldn't care less, and the more you give information that goes against their emotional base, the more emotional they get in defense.

3. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

honestly, he probably has never been in a situation where he felt like he could use a gun. If he is ever put in the situation of needing to protect someone that he loves from a threat (real or imaginary), he might realize that guns are a good thing to have around.

4. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

5. Accord

Accord New Member

6. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

When I first heard about it I laughed, but it was more of an incredulous laugh than anything. I mean, who the hell pulls the trigger on a gun that you haven't checked to see if it's loaded. Even if you have checked 20 times, you don't pull it while the barrel is pointing at your face.

7. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

out of curiosity what is liberalism to you?

8. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

I've seen some down to earth liberals just like I've seen some EXTREMELY retarded conservatives. There are a bunch of quotes that our fore fathers said that make it perfectly obvious what they had in mind with the second amendment. I think that the biggest reason for irrational, overemotional liberals to want gun control is that they can't control their own tempers so they just assume that no one else can. After all, if they've been in a situation where they wished they had a gun because they were mad at someone then hasn't everyone?

As for that fucking idiot who assumes that common street thugs are better trained than the average citizen that just speaks volumes to his ignorance. Just let him know that there is a ton of quality civilian training out there and most people that are responsible enough to buy and carry a gun on a daily basis take it upon themselves to seek out that training.

9. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I think my issue is I think gunowners sound largely retarded when I all hear out of them is "liberal liberal liberal democrat commie liberal." I like to hear people talk about issues and not just assume one label means all of this is true. But as a libertarian I see myself as a mix of socially liberal and economically conservative so I'm a little biased.

10. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

I think you hear gun owners talk about liberals more because they are usually the group that is trying to take away their rights.

11. Accord

Accord New Member

Sorry, I can't remember the last time a CONSERVATIVE tried to strip me of my constitutional right to bear arms.

Liberals are the problem, plain and simple.

12. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

What.............the................fuck...........paragraph.................structure....

Next time someone tries to mug me, I'll puff my chest out and say, "PISTOLS AT DAWN!".

The "honor" in combat is not the same as the "honor" in football.

13. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Maybe thats my rub, it seems so single issue. They're both the problem, neither major party stands for freedom and the values the country was founded on. The republicans certainly don't http://www.gainesville.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060929/WIRE/60929009/1117/news And then to say that also implies that all liberals are anti gun and all conservatives are progun and the answer. The head conservative in power agreed to sign a new AWB if it came across his desk. California's republican in charge certainly hasn't shown himself to be the 2nd amendment's number 1 fan. There really is no plain and simple in politics. Don't forget the 2 major parties are pretty much the same.

14. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

I refuse to vote for someone based on one single issue. Your gun rights don't mean shit if all of your other rights are taken away. People say that our gun rights protect our other rights but we're losing our other rights one by one and no one gives a shit. How many people do you guys really think will stand up and do something even if they DO try to take our guns? I've got a feeling that it wouldn't be that many. The media would spin it just like they did in WACO and make the guys that are just standing up for their rights look evil. The sad thing is that most Amercians would go right along with what the media says.

15. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

Ahh, therein lies the rub. You are putting the term "liberal" with democrat and "conservative" with Republican.

Politicians are essentially neither and both. They will be liberal in their votes when it best suits their primary goal of retaining or reaquiring power. They will be conservative in their votes when it best suits it too.
    As for the existing President and the Republican party, they are far from conservative in their actions.

Unfortunately when you look back in history, the vast majority of stupid gun laws and bans are supported by those of liberal mindsets. They base their arguments not on common sense or facts but on emotions and fear. The Democrat party sees this support and rallys around that in order to retain that voting block and in doing so has gun bans/control as one of it's major party stands. I am not saying that it's clear cut down the party lines though...

If you look back at senate bills you will see that every year, the Democrats quietly bring forward a revised, much much much more restrictive version of the AWB. Each year we are lucky that it gets voted down, BUT it's just barely voted down because there are a good number of Republicans that join the Democrats. (btw, this revised AWB essentially bans all multishot rifles and pistols due to it's very vague and dangerous wording). Remember this when people say the Republicans are taking away rights..the 2nd amendment is there to prevent the government from running roughshod over the other amendments. If someone wants to REALLY run roughshod over the constitution and the people, you do what Hitler and other dictators have done and remove the one thing that allows the population the ability to at least fight back. Now, which party wants to remove the guns from the population?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2006
  16. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

Of course there is no inherent honor in killing someone else. But if you kill an attacker, at least you can look back on it and say to yourself, "I saved my life." There is at least honor in that.