LGBT I find it so Ironic that some gay people I know are racist.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by crunchy_black, Jun 11, 2009.

1. crunchy_black

crunchy_black OT Supporter

So i go get my hair cut by a friend of a friend at his house. Some of his other friends come over. After we are done cutting my hair we are hanging out the back and see see this Asian girl taking her trash out or something and they all start bagging out asians, wishing theyed fuck off back to china etc. I didn't say anything cause they are all friends, gay & racists.

:ugh:

lol.

Ironing

2. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

thank you for this enlightenment

3. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Active Member

wtf why was my post deleted :ugh:

4. geniks

geniks king of the hill

so it's okay for only straight people to be racist now?

5. camarosrool

camarosrool yes i am

not ok, just not ironic

6. Ivan

Ivan New Member

Lol, no news here. Are you implying that, because they are gay, they should be more open-minded, less superficial, more tolerant or something like that? Well, you'd be surprised.

There is homophobia among homosexuals, as you probably know. If we are fucked on in our "inner circle", I don't expect any better outside of it.

7. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

There's no reason a minority group can't hate on other minorities. It's not like gays and asians have a special bond just because we're both minority groups in the US.

I mean protestants and catholics are both christians, but there are plenty of them that hate the shit out of each other.

8. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Active Member

you do realize theres black people racist against black people, asian people racist against black people, asian against white, black against white...even gays against gays.

9. Teenytinyboo

Teenytinyboo New Member

Yes, why would you actively choose to act like an arse when you know full well what it feels like to be on the receiving end.

10. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

I'll take the risk of being labelled a racist and throw my 2 cents in.

First off I'm questioning and very much in the closet, except to my 2 closest friends who happen to be Mexican (I'm white).

I have a tendency to judge people on first appearances and I do have racial predjudices. I didn't always. In fact I grew up in a nice Liberal white household who didn't believe in racism and looked up to figures like MLK. But my attitudes changed when I moved to the city. I learned its very hard to not develope predjudices when most of your experiences with other races have been negative. I go to college and I frankly can't stand some of the black people that I go to school with. Not all black people, I get along with quite a few, but its the black guys who put on the "I'm fucking thug" act that I just want to punch them in the face. Like theres a black guy in one of my classes who is trying to get friendly with me, but he is the most vulgar, confrontational person I have ever met. We have civil discussions in class and he has to open his big mouth and outright insult and threaten classmates. Never experienced any of my white classmates talking about how they want to "curbstomp that faggot" for disagreing with him in class.

Mexicans are another. I work at a store in the mall in loss prevention. I would say that probably 85% of shoplifting that takes place in the store is by Mexicans. So when Mexicans walk in the store I keep an extra special eye on them, and being that the only gangs around her are Mexican gangs, I can't help but worry that every Mexican man I come across is a member of a gang, until proven otherwise. and my 2 best friends are Mexican!

I know it seems a bit hypocritical but I've never had bad experiences with gay people, but I have had many with Blacks/Mexicans, and only a few with white people.

11. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

I've never bought into this mentality that all minority groups have to get along. I know what it's like to get trashed on for being gay, but if I observe another large group of people who all exhibit some similar annoying characteristic (let's say Asians being bad drivers), why shouldn't I be allowed to generalize? The way I see it, there is nothing wrong with broad generalized stereotypes and racism, as long as you give everyone a chance on the individual level.

I'll be totally honest, I generalize Indians as being really cheap. However, in my moving business, if I get an email from someone with an Indian name, I don't turn them down because I think they'll be cheap, I treat them like any other customer, I just make it clear that my rates are firm and non negotiable and proceed with business as usual. I generalize black women as being loud and obnoxious, but if a black girl starts talking to me at a party, I won't just walk away, if I enjoy the conversation I'll keep talking to her and ignore my stereotypical thoughts.

What I'm saying is that we need to stop getting so worked up when someone makes a broad generalization, since whether you want to admit it or not, we all have preconcieved notions about other races/groups/religions/etc, but in my opinion there's nothing wrong with making these stereotypes as long as we give everyone a chance on the individual level.

12. Josey

Josey New Member

I understand the Irony in that they want to be accepted but can't accept another color, but we're human, just because we're one way and expect to be accepted doesn't mean that we ourselves can accept something that is different. I'm not racist, but I sure don't want my daughter dating a black guy....I know it's HORRIBLE and my best friend is black (maybe that's why I see how he treats his lady's) but it's the truth

13. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

QFT

Oh god I do that too. Didn't meet a single Indian person until I was a working adult, and almost every single experience has been negative. When I worked at Sears I had to deal with Indian men arguing with me for terms on credit applications. When I worked call center it was arguing over their bill (I even once had an Indian guy yelling at me accusing me of being a racist because there was a PPV for a Criquet match that was unavailable due to a massive system issue). I can understand wanting to save money, but they are so combative and confrontational about it it makes it really hard to deal with them.

14. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

Even though I make it clear that I have a 2 1/2 hour minimum (at $20/hour) for my service since I was about 20 miles outside the nearest city so there needs the be enough work (or money) to make it worthwhile to go there, these people would still insist that they should only pay $15 for me to drive there and move a couch across the city since it'll only take 45 minutes. Then there are the guys who lay out all these demands like how driving time won't be put on the clock, or that I stop the clock if we stop for a smoke/water break. If I'm driving for several hours then sure I'll only charge them half price for driving time, but 10 minutes from one house to another in the same city, I'm leaving the clock on. And sure I'll stop the clock if we're taking 45 minutes to grab lunch, but if we just moved some 300lb antique armoir up 3 flights of stairs, then fuck you I'm leaving the clock on while I take 5 minutes to have a drink and catch my breath. And it's never "do you think you could meet these conditions for this price?" it's always "YOU WILL DO THIS AND ABIDE BY ALL THESE TERMS AND I WILL PAY YOU $10". I understand that they come from a culture where haggling is the norm, but if they've lived in the US for even a month they should know by now that that's not the norm here, and even if they are going to haggle, they can expect me to drop maybe $10 off a $50 job, but I'm not gonna do an $80 job for $10.

But like I said, if I get a call from an Indian, I make all my terms clear, and as long as they agree to them I have no problem working with them, but given my experiences, I honestly can't help thinking "probably a cheapskate" when I get an email from anyone named Apu.

Also, while they never really do anything to piss me off, Africans (as in people who were actually born in Africa) are loud as hell on the phone - In person they're fine, but if one of them calls me I gotta hold the phone away from my head, and god help me if I accidentally put it on speakerphone.

I really don't buy into this crap that racism is only a learned behavior. While the stereotypes are learned, it is absolutely a natural inherent reaction for us, as animals, to tend to associate with those most similar to us and be weary of those different from us.