MIL I finally recieved my house hold goods from Hawaii...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by GochuBoy, Nov 1, 2005.

1. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

And my whole computer, my 21" Sony CRT (heavy mo fo), and my speakers god damaged. What would be the best way to get the maximum amount of money?

My computer isn't the newest, my monitor...CRT...enough said, and my speakers are great (Logitech Z560). Lets face it, we're humans, not the most honest people, and we know that the Army (Military) in general will not give us the maximum amount of our money when it comes to stuff like this.

What would be the best angle to get the maximum amount of money?

My computer is about 2 years old. I spent some money on it to build it. Should I say piece by piece that it broke, or should I say I don't know anything about computers and say it broke (as a whole)? What would be the best angle towards that to get the max money?

As far as monitor and speakers, I'm not too worried about. Its just in one piece, but its damaged never the less.

What should I do? How should I claim the damages on my computer?

And remember...we're human...and we know we get ripped off when it comes to claims from the DOD. So...how should I do this?

2. RRTX

RRTX New Member

Good luck, I finally gave up on the claim when I had some stuff damaged on it's way back from Germany because it became too big a hassle. Luckily it wasn't anything important or expensive. Hopefully you have better luck, only advice I can give is to get the claim process started ASAP

3. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

So you think I should say my computer is broken and say I paid more for my computer than I really did?

4. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

Learn to read teh darkness.

5. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

I'm just afraid that they won't give me a full refund for my computer/monitor/and speakers they were all in the same box...well, minus the speakers. But they all have internal damage.

6. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Is anything damaged on the hard drive? The cost for replacing software that you may have purchased online but don't have media for could be high.

Any physical damage you find should be documented up the wazoo. Take pics and write up a detailed description of the item and the damage.

Check your paperwork to see what kind of damages you can claim. They might only pay for the value of the (used) item, instead of the cost to replace it with a new version.

Good luck.

7. smokie700

smokie700 right near da beach, Boiiiii

Last time i had household goods damaged, the army will make the shipper pay. The shipper normally will only give you enough to replace the goods or pay for the used value. I say try to get what you can but don't think you'll be able to get a super hooked up system with the check.

8. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

Wish me luck.