TAT I finally did it.......

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Buttons, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

After 7.5 years and 10,000 - 13,000 piercings later I quit my job. :wtc: It was a decision that's been stressing me out for the last month or so. After talks with my SO and my close friends I decided that I needed a change. There's some details I can't and won't get into on OT but basically I wasn't happy anymore. I've dealt with probably over 100K customers and recently I've been very rude to some due to being stressed out about work. I may eventually go back some day and pierce again or maybe even just manage a shop. I'm not sure yet though.

Cliffs: Body Mods Crew needs to get tattooed more often. :fawk:

2. joy division

joy division New Member

If I could, my job would be getting tattoos.

3. desired_apathy

desired_apathy New Member

what are you doing now?

4. sparq

sparq New Member

Will you pierce me at home for a case of beer?

Hope you move on into bigger and better things, or at least something that keeps you happy!

5. Nefarious77

Nefarious77 Guest

good luck man

6. iridewheelies

iridewheelies down to ride?

good luck in the future. i've always looked to you for piecing answers.

7. BedBunny

BedBunny Guest

No sense in going through life dreading your job.

Everyone needs a change every now and then. Good luck with your future endeavors.

8. nicklk

nicklk New Member

You have 9,999 posts!!!!!

After all your years of piercings, whats the most interesting piercing that you've done???

9. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Thanks for all the kind comments guys (and gals). I'm now working at a meat plant. I do shipping and receiving. It's not my ideal job but it pays great and I have full benefits right from the start. Next September I plan on attending chef school and pursuing a job in that field.

As for the most interesting piercing... hmmm... I'd have to say it was a madison (surface piercing between the collar bones) and the guy hung a crucifix off it and went to get baptized the next day. The church threw him out.

10. LocoStrange

LocoStrange New Member

Good luck with the chef school tho. I am a chef right now and the money sucks. You have to have a passion for the field because you will not make money in this buisiness. I love it and people say they love my food. I mean, yesterday, I did a buffet with like 3 other people. Everything that people said they loved the best, was the stuff that I made, and it makes me feel great, but I am thinking of switching over to another career because of the money.

Also, dont spend too much money at a particular school. Going to a high end school compared to a CC does not matter in this field...its nothing, to be honest. The only thing that matters is the experience you get from working in the field at a real place. If you are open minded and dont get mad when people yell and scream at your face AND you can multitask, this is the perfect buisiness for you!

If you do snakes bits on my lower lip, I can try and help ya in this buisiness ;) :rofl:

11. low20

low20 Member

my friend is a chef and he makes bank...?

12. LocoStrange

LocoStrange New Member

You can make a lot..eventually. But anyone fresh out of school will probably make 6-8 bucks. 10 if you are lucky. Add about 5 more years, and you might be looking at 30k a year. Its a slow money making buisiness

Granted, there are always exceptions

13. joy division

joy division New Member

The chefs I know make good money...none of them work cheap restaurants though.

Except for this one guy who was a pastry chef, I have no idea what he is doing these days.

14. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

that's sad to hear, but it's good to hear that you have some plans for yourself :) Good luck with your current job and the Chef thing is awesome :bigthumb:

15. low20

low20 Member

wow, i donno...hes been at it for like 6 yrs and is making waaaay more than 30k...more like 70k or more...guess it depends where you live and also where u work.

16. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

I hope you get to do something that makes you happy!!!! :love:

17. firedancer

firedancer New Member

I made 8 doing strictly prep without going to any kind of culinary school... If I had been on line, I would've been making 10+ depending on how far up the line I was...

I guess it just depends what you can find... :dunno:

18. JohnAG

JohnAG OT Supporter

I used to ne a cook, really enjoyed the job/lifestyle. And the money thing, it's kinda hit or miss. It'll plateau fairly low until you get promoted to sous chef or executive chef. It's a career you definately have to put in your time for.

Oh, and a friend of mine left the piercing profession to become a raft guide. He is MUCH happier now.