WEB I feel stupid for asking..

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by widds2v, Apr 20, 2008.

1. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

As this is probably pretty easy, but I want the user to click a link, have a popup come up that is a size i say it is (like 400px by 250px), and when they click on one of two links in there, it launches whatever link in a fullsize window and closes the previous popup.

It's kind of a bandaid fix until I can get flash9 installed on all of our computers, I have a flash version of something and an HTML. Obviously those are the two links.

I know you can do "get flash version" and auto choose but that seems a bit complicated for a short term solution.

2. javascript window.open

3. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

4. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

sweet that will work perfect for now. thanks.

5. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

so much for perfect. filled it all out, put the first part in the header, second part in body and it just loads up in the same frame. only part where i can see it causing problems is im using image maps to make multiple links out of one image, so my html looks like this for the link:

<area shape="rect" coords="2,0,594,221" href="http://www/pie2008/flashhtml.asp" onclick="NewWindow(this.href,'Pie 2008 Gallery','250','100','no','center');return false" onfocus="this.blur()" />

The link works fine, it opens up /flashhtml.asp, it just doesn't do it in a popup.