SRS I feel so dried up and empty.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Roger Rabbi, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Roger Rabbi

Roger Rabbi OT Supporter

I haven't truly felt excited about anything since I was head over heels over a girl. Now, recently, I'm a spring admit to college and I moved away from my mom and brothers and few friends I've had. I honestly feel so shitty ever since the move, and it's been a month. I have no roommate yet because there were some issues with the old one moving out, so I'm all alone in this room, and I'm too fucking anxious to even get out of my dorm and socialize. Every time I even try, it's either awkward or a short-lived conversation about nothing important. I can go to frats and party but I just can't get into it and I refrain from drinking so I look even more out of place at parties. I just don't like the whole partying thing. I have no idea what to do with myself. I even keep thinking about my life because I took hGH supplements as a kid and I keep fearing that my heart will fail because it too might have been enlarged. I'm just sitting here wallowing away, depressed, too exhausted to even go crazy and destroy everything in my view. I have no energy to do anything at all. I don't even have interest in anything anymore. This is a new low for me. I've always had a tendency for feeling like shit sometimes, especially trying to get over a bitch for almost a year and a half, but this carries no precedence. I truly have nothing left to hope for. I might, but I'm just too dried up to think rationally. I don't even have friends to confide in.

2. Saluki

Saluki New Member

I was sort of in the same position...it sucks but just get out and do something with other people. I found doing the intramural sports really helped with that, you should give that a try.

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Did you live in the same place most of your life? It sounds like you did, because you seem to be both very attached to your old friends and also at a complete loss as to how to get new ones. I moved three times before the age of 10, so I don't really have the same background, but the answer is the same anyway: do shit in public, whether you like it or not, even if it's painful to, because the only way you'll ever meet people is if you attract attention to yourself.

As for whether there are any people worth talking to, keep in mind that there's nothing special about the group of friends you had as a kid, except that you already knew them and they already knew you. You'll just have to invest the time and effort to get to know new people now, and then they'll be special too. You're never going to get around that hurdle, so you'll have to either jump it or sit there and stare at it.

You can always confide in the Internet. ;)